Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wanda Sports Group Company Limited Market Cap down to 271 Million
Quote | Reply
I know WTC is simply a component of WSG, but did they not buy WTC for 850 million? I mean no ill will to those who have invested in this company, I say a few people here on Slowtwitch who have invested, but with the Corona Virus pandemic and WTC probably having to cancel some events, this is going to very adversely affect their books and the value of the stock.
On a side note, I saw the PTO wanted to make a bid for WTC, given this depressed valuation, is that even in the realm of possibility now?
Quote Reply
Re: Wanda Sports Group Company Limited Market Cap down to 271 Million [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WSG has been a very interesting stock. I’ve avoided it because it’s so uncertain (but wish I would have bought it instead of the oil futures that I did). If the parent needs some cash/debt relief then the WTC may go at a liquidation price. Buying this stock isn’t really an investment, more like a bet. It has been a solid $3 stock, so at $2 it seems attractive.
Quote Reply
Re: Wanda Sports Group Company Limited Market Cap down to 271 Million [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
its a total gamble. just as likely to continue to tank as sporting events are cancelled, revenues dry out, people let go, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Wanda Sports Group Company Limited Market Cap down to 271 Million [dgutstadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know when Wanda's next earnings release is? The Q3 results were published 18-Nov-19, so they look overdue. Would be interesting to see the cash and liquid assets to form an opinion on whether they can sustain a period of significantly reduced revenues.
Quote Reply
Re: Wanda Sports Group Company Limited Market Cap down to 271 Million [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes WTC is a component, but the InFront part is also entirely sports related, so they both will have real challenges going forward. I suspect at some point when this is over and races resume, it will once again climb back to the 3+dollar range. The buyout possibility is probably going to be more likely, as the price will have come down substantially. And keep in mind, no matter what the valuation the stock price says, you have to add 1.1 billion of debt to that..So no one is getting both companies for a few 100 million dollars...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Company has a ton of debt
2) Global Pandemic, will cancel many of their events, greatly reducing revenue
3) Global Recession will hit the net worth of nearly all their customers, and Ironman, apparently did well enough through the last recession (as it was still new and exciting, as it was expanding to many new markets), is going to have a *much* harder time this go around, due to triathlon popularity decline in many of their mature markets, again reducing revenue.

Stock is cheap, because of 1-3 above.
Last edited by: wetswimmer99: Mar 14, 20 19:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://finance.yahoo.com/...nda-5-040846335.html

This is not good for this company. They may be forced to sale assets to be able to meet their debt obligations. WTC may be had for a bargain?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CementBottle wrote:
I know WTC is simply a component of WSG, but did they not buy WTC for 850 million? I mean no ill will to those who have invested in this company, I say a few people here on Slowtwitch who have invested, but with the Corona Virus pandemic and WTC probably having to cancel some events, this is going to very adversely affect their books and the value of the stock.
On a side note, I saw the PTO wanted to make a bid for WTC, given this depressed valuation, is that even in the realm of possibility now?

Understatement of the year. The travel and entertainment industry is getting their teeth kicked in as are the vast majority of companies from a general economic slowdown. A recession will be here soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Down almost 14% today and almost 75% down from the recent top on February 19. That seems like a life time ago.

Someone is going to scoop up the assets, but who?

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Wanda Sports Group Company Limited Market Cap down to 271 Million [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wanda Sports Group Co., part of the Dalian Wanda conglomerate, said last month that it’s engaging in preliminary discussions on a potential sale of its Ironman triathlon business. Dalian Wanda bought the business for $650 million in 2015.

I wonder who this is, and for how much? I can guarantee you not 650 million, if the ENTIRE market of the whole company is 240 million, no way no how!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CementBottle wrote:
Wanda Sports Group Co., part of the Dalian Wanda conglomerate, said last month that it’s engaging in preliminary discussions on a potential sale of its Ironman triathlon business. Dalian Wanda bought the business for $650 million in 2015.

I wonder who this is, and for how much? I can guarantee you not 650 million, if the ENTIRE market of the whole company is 240 million, no way no how!!!

you can write what you want. just, if you buy a house for $300,000, and there's a $150,000 mortgage on it, and you pay the owner that $300,000 and you assume the mortgage, did you buy the house for $300,000? this has been covered many times here.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Wanda Sports Group Company Limited Market Cap down to 271 Million [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
CementBottle wrote:

you can write what you want. just, if you buy a house for $300,000, and there's a $150,000 mortgage on it, and you pay the owner that $300,000 and you assume the mortgage, did you buy the house for $300,000? this has been covered many times here.

i get that Dan, but in this depressed market, their assets will be sold at fire sale prices to help cover their debt obligations. But agree with what you are saying above.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CementBottle wrote:
Slowman wrote:
CementBottle wrote:

i get that Dan, but in this depressed market, their assets will be sold at fire sale prices to help cover their debt obligations. But agree with what you are saying above.

okay. to be clear, the purchase price was $650 million + the assumption of a $230 million or so bullet loan. The actual purchase cost was about $880 million. and that assumes that ironman bought all the other properties out of operational cash, that wanda didn't put in any of the money to buy breck epic, rock 'n' roll, and the like.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CementBottle wrote:

No they won't.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply