Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Round extensions paired with PRO Missile Evo bars + spacers? (or other placements for RS910 junction)
Quote | Reply
Realizing that I can essentially stick a RS910 junction box into a round extension had me wondering whether it may be possible to pair my base bar (Missile Evo + the spacers) with extensions that have round cross-sections through out. The stock Missile Evo extensions are round at the tip (so that shifters can be mounted) but transition into an ovalized cross-section where they are secured to the base bar (via the spacers). I'm wondering it may be possible to swap other extensions (and still attach to the Missile Evo basebar via the spacers).

One complicating factor is that the mounting hardware I currently haveused is ovalized, so the extensions I'm looking at have to be able to receive M6 bolts (the basebar has slots that matches the countersunk on M6 bolts). The other is that the extensions have to have apertures near the mounting point, so I can thread the Di2 cables therethrough (and via the spacers and into the basebar). Anyone knows anything that might work here?

Alternatively, could the innards of RS910 be trimmed down so that it would fit within an oval cross-section with minor axis length of ~13 mm? My guess is no, as the RS910 has a circular cross-section of 22 mm, and most of the circular cross-section is filled, so to speak.
Last edited by: echappist: Mar 8, 20 19:39
Quote Reply
Re: Round extensions paired with PRO Missile Evo bars + spacers? (or other placements for RS910 junction) [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if you’ve seen this UKTT thread before: http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/...ld-be-interested-in/

I just ordered a set of angled risers from Nick, but I’m unsure if he’s still making the round clamp adapter spacer that’s in the thread.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Round extensions paired with PRO Missile Evo bars + spacers? (or other placements for RS910 junction) [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you, that's very helpful

I registered an account on the UK TT forum years ago but have been inactive. But it looks like I should at least head over there and give this a look.

Also, to clarify, how does the cable routing work on the set up (looks like it would exit from the back of the extension)?
Quote Reply
Re: Round extensions paired with PRO Missile Evo bars + spacers? (or other placements for RS910 junction) [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you already have another clamp that you want to use which accepts round poles, then you can use our tilt block adapter (and mount the other clamp on top instead of the Pro Missile extension)

https://www.aero-coach.co.uk/...adapter-for-aerobars

Something like a 3T Vola clamp works well for that application, and the angle on the adapter is set at 15deg

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: Round extensions paired with PRO Missile Evo bars + spacers? (or other placements for RS910 junction) [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Very interesting solution (assuming I find extensions that I need); I hadn't even thought about fiddling with tilt (spacers maxed out at ~55 mm), but this could take care of the separate issue of closing the gap btwn arms and helmet.

Unfortunately, the Vola doesn't allow for the Di2 wires to exit through side/bottom of the extensions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Very interesting solution (assuming I find extensions that I need); I hadn't even thought about fiddling with tilt (spacers maxed out at ~55 mm), but this could take care of the separate issue of closing the gap btwn arms and helmet.

Unfortunately, the Vola doesn't allow for the Di2 wires to exit through side/bottom of the extensions.

I'm trying to think of something that would let you do that, I can't off the top of my head!

AeroCoach UK
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you use anything other than the stock Pro Missile Evo extensions, you won’t be able to take advantage of the fully internal di2 cabling.
You’d have to run the wire out the back of the extension.

If you do consider AeroCoach’s angled adapter, I have a pair of Vola clamps for sale. Shameless plug :)

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Round extensions paired with PRO Missile Evo bars + spacers? (or other placements for RS910 junction) [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xavier wrote:
echappist wrote:

I'm trying to think of something that would let you do that, I can't off the top of my head!

no worries, thanks again for looking into this.

btw, any ETA on when your store will have the overshoes again?

doublea334 wrote:
If you use anything other than the stock Pro Missile Evo extensions, you won’t be able to take advantage of the fully internal di2 cabling.
You’d have to run the wire out the back of the extension.

If you do consider AeroCoach’s angled adapter, I have a pair of Vola clamps for sale. Shameless plug :)

it's all good, and thanks for chiming in :) Looks like I'll just have to stick with the Missile Evo (i know it's extremely vain, but I like a clean front end)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You trying to hide the junctionA?
I have mine under the saddle

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:

I'm 99% sure that by the end of the week (working week - Friday) the rest of the Flow collection will appear on our web store - that'll be the Flow Suits & overshoes (Flow Covers). We only hold limited stock of clothing but I think the guys have sorted out enough that it won't immediately go out of stock!

Re: your Di2 problem, can you bond on a section of 22.2 OD/19 ID tube onto the rear of your ovalised pole to take the junction box? You wouldn't be able to push it far forward anyway as the internal bolt bar and bolts would interfere with it, so it would have to be mounted rearwards in any case. Alternatively depending on your frame could you hide a normal junction box in the top tube/head tube? What I did on my Cervelo P4 - I extended the cables on my eTap clics to run all the way along the top tube, and then hid the (large!) blip box underneath the seat post - that could be an option too if you want to keep things as internal as possible.

AeroCoach UK
Quote Reply
Re: Round extensions paired with PRO Missile Evo bars + spacers? (or other placements for RS910 junction) [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xavier wrote:
echappist wrote:

I'm 99% sure that by the end of the week (working week - Friday) the rest of the Flow collection will appear on our web store - that'll be the Flow Suits & overshoes (Flow Covers). We only hold limited stock of clothing but I think the guys have sorted out enough that it won't immediately go out of stock!

Re: your Di2 problem, can you bond on a section of 22.2 OD/19 ID tube onto the rear of your ovalised pole to take the junction box? You wouldn't be able to push it far forward anyway as the internal bolt bar and bolts would interfere with it, so it would have to be mounted rearwards in any case. Alternatively depending on your frame could you hide a normal junction box in the top tube/head tube? What I did on my Cervelo P4 - I extended the cables on my eTap clics to run all the way along the top tube, and then hid the (large!) blip box underneath the seat post - that could be an option too if you want to keep things as internal as possible.

Sounds good. Looking forward to purchasing a set (to be shipped across the pond). May send you a PM re: sizing, as though I should be medium, I'm "big boned" when it comes to my legs (think thunder thigh, but without real thunder).

---------------------------------------------------------------
As for the Di2, I currently have the EW-90 Junction A sitting above the bottom bracket of my Plasma 3. Not ideal, but so it goes. I briefly thought about the bonding, but that's probably way too much trouble.

Clutch Cargo wrote:
You trying to hide the junctionA?
I have mine under the saddle

You know, I really should have done what you did. Instead, as mentioned above, it's located above the BB. I can reroute it, but it'll take some effort to thread the Di2 cable through the seat tube (currently foamed up, to hold the battery).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By any chance would someone mind sharing a part number(s) or link to specific clamps/mounts that are compatible with the Pro Missile basebar which will allow the use of standard 22.2mm extensions? I see a couple part names above but there seem to be multiple products which match the name, and I’m trying to determine cost of the additional parts before purchasing the Pro Missile Evo system. Di2 is not an issue for me. Thank you!

Going this direction, something I’m struggling with is whether it makes sense to essentially buy a $550 Pro Missile basebar (since I’d not be using anything else in the system) or if I should just go another direction altogether? Thoughts on that are welcome too!
Last edited by: mrfreeze: Jan 10, 22 18:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my new hardware may solve this problem.

let me try on the same bar this week.

Joshua
Quote Reply
Re: Round extensions paired with PRO Missile Evo bars + spacers? (or other placements for RS910 junction) [mrfreeze] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The aerocoach clamp extensions (link) among other (similar) options like Drag2Zero / possibly Culprit as ^ / others will work to convert them.

Realistically, the Pro bar is a nice base bar... but there are other nice base bars for similar / less money that don't make you jump through hoops if your plan is to convert them anyways.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our round bar adaptors will fit and they have an outlet for the DI2 wires so you can run them through the bar.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Round extensions paired with PRO Missile Evo bars + spacers? (or other placements for RS910 junction) [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you all - appreciate the responses, checking out the options you shared now!
Quote Reply
Re: Round extensions paired with PRO Missile Evo bars + spacers? (or other placements for RS910 junction) [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:
Our round bar adaptors will fit and they have an outlet for the DI2 wires so you can run them through the bar.
Thank you Dan! Checking out the Premier website and I'm not finding the bar adapters - is this something that can be ordered through the site, or is that direct through you?
Quote Reply
Re: Round extensions paired with PRO Missile Evo bars + spacers? (or other placements for RS910 junction) [mrfreeze] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s not on the site. Just pm your email and I’ll send you some images.

Dan Kennison

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trying to upload an image.

Dan Kennison

Quote Reply