Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TrainerRoad Free Trial
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a code for a free trial? I'd rather not shell out $20 on something that I don't know if I will enjoy
Quote Reply
Re: TrainerRoad Free Trial [jhammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a one-month trial code. Send me a PM with your name and email address.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have a code to offer but I am putting a plug in for their system. I'd been listening to their podcast for quite some time, and finally decided to pull the plug and sign up. Swift had been my go to for indoor workouts but I never really found it that enjoyable. TR doesn't have all the cool scenery but it does have solid workouts and a structured set up
Quote Reply
Re: TrainerRoad Free Trial [EyeRunMD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The problem for me isn't whether their system is good or not, it's whether it makes trainer time bearable. I absolutely loathe being on the trainer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea I have to combine both Zwift and TR in order to make it at least tolerable. I doubt I could do TR only. Even if I set up a TV show, movie, or whatever, I just can't concentrate on anything like that during any real workout. Zwift gives me enough distraction to help the time pass but I don't actually need to concentrate like I would with TV.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The TR workouts an hour or less I can easily do without Zwift or anything other than music... Mostly because most of them make you work so hard you are just trying not to die. The more aerobic longer rides I usually run Zwift or Netflix on a different computer. Been using TR for a year and a half now and I love it.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No code here, and not a TR user, but I love their podcast and YouTube videos. Great content and topics!

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jhammond wrote:
The problem for me isn't whether their system is good or not, it's whether it makes trainer time bearable. I absolutely loathe being on the trainer

I agree. I can do 60-90 minutes indoors but hate it after that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have three referrals, PM your info if you still need it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TR (plus Netflix/HBO Go for lower intensity or longer workouts) is a great training tool.
Quote Reply
Re: TrainerRoad Free Trial [Thunderbolt^^] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the TR system if you are using a training plan and following a program. If you just want to get up and do a random workout, I don't think most will find it engaging enough
I am taking some time off from structured training since we are expecting a child, and have move to another platform.
Quote Reply