Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

More Reach W/O New Stem - Help Needed
Quote | Reply
Hello Slowtwitch Community,

Reaching out so see if there's any ideas on how to get more reach out of a cockpit. Currently, I am rocking a Zipp Vuka Bull handlebar W/ a Profile Supersonic (J5) Bracket Kit. The stem length is fixed at 110.

I am leaning towards the TR Scoops, & correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like no arm pad would be designed for me to put the majority of my weight past the bracket/ mount bolt contact point. One bump in aero and they would be cracked in half IMO.

Thank you for your help,
Quote Reply
Re: More Reach W/O New Stem - Help Needed [ttreise] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Profile makes an armrest bracket that clamps onto the aero extension.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the stock armrests, they have to design assuming that you would be the heaviest rider mounting them in the most extreme position (furthest outboard, and all the way back or forward). For aftermarket....who knows?

One option is to use the Vuka Alumina Clip (or some of the last gen Profile clipons) where the pads can be adjusted along the length of the extensions (they clamp to the extensions, not to the same clamp as the basebar).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Last edited by: Titanflexr: Feb 18, 20 14:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The scoops would definitely give you some extra length. My default position on them is a cm or so fore of rear of the pad, but I often slide practically half way up if I feel like stretching out and getting really low. Pretty much no noticeable flex even on bumps.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
new culprit pads will also give you what you need.

more info found here

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ing=culprit#p7078115

available in April. 160 usd shipped
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are the supersonic brackets in the rearwards (wing behind bar) or forwards position. Forwards gains 30mm if you haven't done that already.
Quote Reply
Re: More Reach W/O New Stem - Help Needed [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would say.... $160 with free shipping.
Quote Reply
Re: More Reach W/O New Stem - Help Needed [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Slowtwitch on the replys.

Are the supersonic brackets in the rearwards (wing behind bar) or forwards position.

Yes, supersonics are facing the right direction.

Profile makes an armrest bracket that clamps onto the aero extension.

Looks like the Profile L2 Bracket takes the cake. Zip Vulka mounts to the bar from what I found. Now I gotta find some extensions >400mm.

Ben Vs. Culprit

I'll have to read up more on the Culprit vs. the scoop. These with some D2Z extensions might be the poor mans Speedbar
Quote Reply