Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Somebody please stop ABC!
Quote | Reply
I was just watching ABC and they showed the downhill results in a footnote! The nerve!

And they didn't even put the word spoiler before, so that people could close their eyes. How dare they?!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Somebody please stop ABC! [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why are you surprised? They want to reduce the incentive to watch the prime time coverage on NBC, thus you'd be more likely to watch Desperate Housewives, or whatever crap is on ABC.
Quote Reply
Re: Somebody please stop ABC! [RoadWarrior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
now if only someone could convince NBC to show more than 3 min of Olympics for every 6min of commercials or commentary.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Somebody please stop ABC! [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another advantage of living in Detroit.. CBC ch9 Can watch all the stuff live. Dont have cable so the MSNBC/USA/ect.... Coverage is not an option and NBC's coverage is a joke.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally agree! The other thing that drives me nuts is when stations have a little encyclopedia excert about each sport that gets shown before they move to the coverage. After seeing it for the fifth time it gets a bit old... at least give us some new trivia occasionally...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why are we surprised that NBC is hosing up the Winter Olympics? As I recall, they screwed up the Sydney Olympics pretty badly.

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was watching commercials today on NBC. Man, I was so upset to see these idiots stop my favourite commercials with these wan..rs playing in the snow and stuff...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
now if only someone could convince NBC to show more than 3 min of Olympics for every 6min of commercials or commentary.
They have a huuuuuuuge bill to pay for buying that coverage. But yeah, sucks! The content:junk ratio is like <.5:1.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Somebody please stop ABC! [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The content:junk ratio is like <.5:1.
----
But that men's DH was awesome.

Also watched some XC skiing today which was very good. Overall, i think they're doing a decent job. they're no more nationalistic (probably less so) than any other nation strong in winter sports (Austria, Germany, etc.).

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How dare they cut into that Jeff Gordon interview to show cross country skiing! Those bastards!
Quote Reply
Re: Somebody please stop ABC! [JoB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
by and large I think NBC is doing a decent job this time around. At least the braodcasts are showing lots of the actual events and less BS.

I haven't seen an up close and personal about how the athlete struggled onward after his sister got cancer or dog died or whatever. I haven't missed them.

OK, still way too many commercials, but they have to pay the bills too.
Quote Reply
Re: Somebody please stop ABC! [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't seen an up close and personal about how the athlete struggled onward after his sister got cancer or dog died or whatever.

They're saving those people for the next IM Hawaii broadcast.

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply