Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tacx Neo2 Overheating Issues
Quote | Reply
For those with a Neo2 ran into an issue for the first time and it's now persisted. While riding for less than 10 minutes, the resistant suddenly stops. The power light blinks and based on the Tacx utility app, it's overheating.

I touch the top of the trainer and it's extremely hot, you can even smell a burning smell from the vents.

I have a read in some units there is an overheating issue.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

I am calling Tacx/Garmin tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo2 Overheating Issues [triath0607] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only have about 90 hours on my Neo 2. I have not read of or experienced anything like that. Definitely a warranty thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have not had that, and I've done some intentional heat training where I was surrounded by 3 space heaters blasting right at the unit. I was doing a shit-ton of Watts (it's hard to @100F), but it was hot.

Sounds like something wrong with your unit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No problem with mine.....its been rock solid including some hot days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you hear anything back from Garmin? Same thing happened to my Neo 2 and I’ve heard nothing back from Garmin.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo2 Overheating Issues [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of the problems with the NEO TACX overheating comes from pieces of the ceramic load resistors. Some pieces of ceramic will come loose from the ceramic load resistors and will block the fan at the bottom. To repair this, you must disassemble the TACX NEO and the load resistors and remove all the loose pieces. I had this problem with mine and removing the ceramic pieces was the solution since it works fine
Quote Reply