Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

State Tax in IM Choo Registration
Quote | Reply
So this year in registration for IMchoo there's a state tax of $70 included. I've never paid that in registration for any of the multiple ironmans i've done where it's listed as a separate fee. Is this a new move by the WTC to get more money? I didn't have to pay the state fee when registering for the 70.3 in December.

Decided to see if the state tax was listed for IMFL and it's not. Curious why it's listed for this race.
Quote Reply
Re: State Tax in IM Choo Registration [Gtjojo189] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're just going to have to eat a lot of oatmeal cream pies this year to get your money's worth.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New Tenn tax law took affect this fiscal year. This has nothing to do with WTC. If you have a beef with it, complain to the state of Tenn. Not all states have this tax, so you may not see it for IMFL.

Quote | Reply
When does the fiscal year end? From google it looks like it’s a middle of the summer end.

Did it depend on when you registered or the event date? Just curious because i wasn’t charged it for the 70.3 in May. If i would have registered before 2020 would i have saved $70?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell them you're paying cash and you are not going to pay sales tax
Last edited by: D.O.: Feb 5, 20 12:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should be glad to pay any amount for the privilege of setting foot in the great state of Tennessee.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I registered during the tri-club window and it was charged then.
Quote Reply
Re: State Tax in IM Choo Registration [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
You're just going to have to eat a lot of oatmeal cream pies this year to get your money's worth.

and take many of the free water bottles they give out in ironman village. although last year those water bottles were really crappy ones.
Quote Reply
Re: State Tax in IM Choo Registration [D.O.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D.O. wrote:
Tell them you're paying cash and you are not going to pay sales tax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The $70 covers the ambulance ride because the temp will 100+ freaking degrees!
Quote Reply
Re: State Tax in IM Choo Registration [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:

so like, 140? looks like I'll be eating many post race.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: State Tax in IM Choo Registration [zoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zoom wrote:
New Tenn tax law took affect this fiscal year. This has nothing to do with WTC. If you have a beef with it, complain to the state of Tenn. Not all states have this tax, so you may not see it for IMFL.

^^^^This.

Lots of states are putting in IST (internet sales tax) collection rules for sites. For state legislators, this is an easy way to increase revenue.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting was my very likely IM for this season. Now I’m out. FL or Cozumel it is
Quote Reply
Re: State Tax in IM Choo Registration [rodchaves31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you can afford to do Ironmans you can afford the tax.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happened with IMAZ this year...very weird. Just like you pay sales tax on Amazon now...

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: State Tax in IM Choo Registration [triathlete37] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I can avoid it by going to another race I will. Sorry TN
Quote Reply
Re: State Tax in IM Choo Registration [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
zoom wrote:

^^^^This.

Lots of states are putting in IST (internet sales tax) collection rules for sites. For state legislators, this is an easy way to increase revenue.

I get IST on tangible goods but a race is an event, not a case of Snickers bars.
Quote Reply
Re: State Tax in IM Choo Registration [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anthonypat wrote:
Titanflexr wrote:
zoom wrote:

^^^^This.

I get IST on tangible goods but a race is an event, not a case of Snickers bars.

goods AND services :(

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply