Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NB Fuelcell Racer
Quote | Reply
New Balance's carbon racer is starting to show up on review sites. Said to be released in April. Looking good so far!

https://www.roadtrailrun.com/...-tc-initial.html?m=1

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: NB Fuelcell Racer [mstewarttri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it is almost 50% heavier than the 4% and the skechers speed elite. I think weight makes a huge difference
Quote Reply
Re: NB Fuelcell Racer [dgutstadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely a concern/question. Though believetherun mentioned it's the closest thing to the Next% that they've run in.

https://www.instagram.com/...igshid=1fduek274dlie

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: NB Fuelcell Racer [dgutstadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dgutstadt wrote:
it is almost 50% heavier than the 4% and the skechers speed elite. I think weight makes a huge difference

You bet, I forget which studies show that going from a heavy shoe to a light racing flat. Iirc from 280g to 180g leads to a 1% gain in economy.

Mind you from memory and also from the shoes of 10+ years ago.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe I wear-tested this show in the fall (the shoe isn't named when we get it to test, but based on how it felt and what it looks like, I'm 99.9% sure it's the same one). I absolutely loved it. It felt much lower to the ground and much more like a "real" running shoe than any of the fancy Nike's (which I normally wear in races). I didn't notice a weight issue when I wore it. If I remember correctly, Kienle was wearing them in Kona. I highly recommend them and plan on buying a pair when they're released.
Quote Reply
Re: NB Fuelcell Racer [lyla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's good to hear.

For some reason a lot of the posts about it on sites and instagram have disappeared... Maybe they were released prematurely. I want more info!

Was looking to finally take a plunge into the Next% but these have got me intrigued since currently I've been loving the Beacons and Fuelcell Rebels.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the brands are going to start being more careful about who communicates what from now on. I was really surprised to see the Brooks Hyperion Tempo being reviewed today. That shoe doesn’t come out until June. The brands have to be looking at that. Their view is they don’t want you to wait to purchase. Maybe you won’t buy the Launch this spring because you know the Hyperion Tempo is on the way.

As for the New Balance it’s slated for a March release. That’s the shoe Sebi wore in Nice and in Kona this year.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Re: NB Fuelcell Racer [SDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How are these parameters not already established? The "embargo" seemed to be lifted and simultaneously the reviewers hyped the shoe and highlighted all of the positives I experienced first hand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently, this RTR initial video review (also seen it few days ago) now disappeared.

It was the NB FuelCell Racer TC (so the Training version)

Apparently there is a race version (RC ?) lighter, and may be a bit different ?

For some time the NB sponsored triathlete are seen in Insta with "NB / RC" tee-shirt. Anybody knows what does it mean ? Reference to this shoes ?

Regarding weight : it have some impact if you run marathon in 2h. If you run marathon (possibly part of an IM) in 4h, much less.
"weight is important" is the kind of error leading to race flats... and it is now widely proven that a heavier cushy shoes is much faster for long races.
And a heavier cushy STABLE shoes is even better for most runners.
Quote Reply