Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Insole in cycling shoe?
Quote | Reply
I have Surefeet blue insoles in my running sneakers.

Would it be dumb to put them in my cycling shoes as well?
Quote Reply
Re: Insole in cycling shoe? [M90] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use Surefeet in my running shoes. My fitter put ALINE inserts in my bike shoes. I have no clue if Surefeet are bike shoe compatible, but I would lean toward a purpose-product like the ALINE.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like above said. Get something specific, the cycling insole is different cause it’s not a dynamic motion goin in the shoe.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Insole in cycling shoe? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
I use Surefeet in my running shoes. My fitter put ALINE inserts in my bike shoes. I have no clue if Surefeet are bike shoe compatible, but I would lean toward a purpose-product like the ALINE.

Do you know which ALINE insert you have in your bike shoes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m not sure— their website isn’t totally obvious. I think they are the standard version that looks like this:

https://aline.com/product/aline/

I pronate and use the orange Surefoot running show inserts, if that helps. The Aline inserts have the immediate effect of vertically aligning my ankles with my lower leg. Without them, my ankles roll inward a little.
Quote Reply
Re: Insole in cycling shoe? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
I’m not sure— their website isn’t totally obvious. I think they are the standard version that looks like this:

https://aline.com/product/aline/

I pronate and use the orange Surefoot running show inserts, if that helps. The Aline inserts have the immediate effect of vertically aligning my ankles with my lower leg. Without them, my ankles roll inward a little.

I have always had pretty bad shin splints as far back as I can remember even when I was playing lacrosse 6 days a week in my younger days.

Having just started running again I'm trying to take it easy to avoid any issues but I already am dealing with a little bit of soreness so I'm hoping proper fitting insoles will help at least a little bit.

I think it would be best if I find a running specific shop in NYC and get looked at properly before purchasing anything.

For cycling I'll try to find something similar specifically for cycling I guess
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Inserts are generally correcting for something. So, your first priority is to determine if you have a something and what that something is. For example, if you supernare and buy an insert to correct a pronation, you could do harm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I Currex in my running shoes and Specialized in my road shoes...you should get them suited to its purpose. You could need them for running and not for cycling. A good bike fitter should be able to determine that during the bike fit process.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got an amazing pair of semi customized insoles. They aren't costly either. I read about Gravitus from past posts on here and have about a month on them so far. One thing it really helps with is inward knee collapsing so it may be good to try Gravitus Plus System insoles. Super light weight. Haven't skied or cycled with them but have been running in them. Basically, I have the "road runner" version and they are semi-custom to straighten a biomechanical issue out. They run $37 & change normally. There are many models so I'd contact them to see what would work best for you.
Last edited by: Rocky M: Jan 26, 20 15:23
Quote Reply
Re: Insole in cycling shoe? [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
I Currex in my running shoes and Specialized in my road shoes...you should get them suited to its purpose. You could need them for running and not for cycling. A good bike fitter should be able to determine that during the bike fit process.

This ^^

During my last fitting the fitter observed that there was some lateral movement of my knees through the pedal stroke. We added some Specialized insoles and my knees now track percectly straight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These are awesome. Very adjustable. Last forever. I have used them for ages.

https://www.g8performance.com.au/

If you want to know more then watch a recent YouTube video by a guy called “bike fit James“ on the Francis Cade channel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to use those in my cycling shoes. Not sure what I have in my various shoes now but think they are in my Bont shoes. I run similar in all my shoes and put the insole that fits best inside the shoe that gives me some arch support and what I am chasing, the most comfort. Trial them and see how they feel...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I experimented with the Pearl Izumi inserts (https://www.amazon.com/...inning/dp/B005925UIQ) and still have them sitting in a box. If you want to try them and use a size 44/45 or so PM me.

Honestly my daily shoes I wear at work and such I use Superfeet Green. For running shoes I don't use an insert and get a stability control shoe (only running shoe I have currently is Saucony Guide 10 at the moment). For my cycling shoes I find I really don't need the insoles system once I got some quality shoes that fit properly for how wide my feet are.
Quote Reply