Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: So fetuses probably can feel pain at 13 weeks [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
It's "funny" to see all the Trump supporters saying 'the left wingnuts' have gone too far, yet, Trump never goes too far for them, whether it's about making a comment like "I'd bang her if she weren't my daughter", or "there are fine people" when referring to a bunch of nazi white supremacists, or when he calls for a crowd to beat up hecklers and says he'll pay legal fees. None of that is ever too far for them.

Holy fucking cognitive dissonance.

Are you lumping me in with a Trump supporter?
Quote Reply
Re: So fetuses probably can feel pain at 13 weeks [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Yeeper wrote:
The incessant Trump drivel is childish at some point when its tied to ridiculous topics. And the content of your post just struck me as distasteful.

Maybe Im having a bad Friday. But at some point you see things and have to shake your head.

I can deal with differing opinions on topics. Then theres just crap that doesnt belong.

Do you also shake your head and call Trump's comments about Ivanka distasteful, or just Chaparral's loose reference to them?

Of course I do. Distasteful is distasteful. Here in the LR, on a talkshow, or in the Oval office. But noone was asking about what I thought of Trump's comments. I was replying to Chapp's post.

There were a number of ways you could have responded to me, that wasn't even close to being a logical argument. Mutually exclusive and all that jazz.

And for the record, I recant what I said.
Quote Reply
Re: So fetuses probably can feel pain at 13 weeks [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Walking myself back a bit. Threw the penalty flag prematurely. My bad, man. Apologies.

We'll save the head scratch for another day. Carry on.
Quote Reply
Re: So fetuses probably can feel pain at 13 weeks [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
Yeeper wrote:
chaparral wrote:
ACE wrote:
Great to see the President will be speaking at the Right to Life March coming up. Good for him to show support from the office of the presidency for the importance of protecting innocent life.

I think pro-choice loves this also. Nothing will destroy something like trump tying himself to it. From now on trump can be made the face of the movement.

Do you think trump is anti-abortion because he doesn't want to pay for them when he knocks someone that looks like his daughter up?

And there it is.

Im not sure why this one, so dont ask for the reason. But this is the post that just made me lose respect for you in the LR.

What’s the big deal? It’s just locker room talk.

Hah, well-played.
Quote Reply
Re: So fetuses probably can feel pain at 13 weeks [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:
Francois wrote:
It's "funny" to see all the Trump supporters saying 'the left wingnuts' have gone too far, yet, Trump never goes too far for them, whether it's about making a comment like "I'd bang her if she weren't my daughter", or "there are fine people" when referring to a bunch of nazi white supremacists, or when he calls for a crowd to beat up hecklers and says he'll pay legal fees. None of that is ever too far for them.

I was given your initial answer. But then you walked back, that means you question yourself. So I can’t lump you in that group and have to walk back a bit as well.
Quote Reply
Re: So fetuses probably can feel pain at 13 weeks [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Yeeper wrote:
Francois wrote:

I was given your initial answer. But then you walked back, that means you question yourself. So I can’t lump you in that group and have to walk back a bit as well.

But what about my initial post gave you the impression I was a Trump supporter?
Quote Reply
Re: So fetuses probably can feel pain at 13 weeks [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
ACE wrote:
torrey wrote:
I have never heard of a pregnant women decide to abort at half term on a whim and I doubt she would ever find a doctor that would agree to do so. So I would just figure to leave the decision to her and her doctor.

I have, and it does happen, a lot.

I have worked with crisis pregnancy centers to convince young girls to keep their babies instead of having them killed. Some of these girls knew abortion was an option so they would deal with it later and it got to be 16 weeks and they now had to make a decision. When you show them pictures of what their baby looks like, how it moves, that it has a face and fingers etc, they often change their minds, thankfully.

Maybe you should mind your own business.

Agreed. This is best left to organizations that charge hundreds of dollars for their services.

◼︎ We shall soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four, in which people will persecute the heresy of calling a triangle a three-sided figure, and hang a man for maddening a mob with the news that grass is green. - Chesterton
Quote Reply
Re: So fetuses probably can feel pain at 13 weeks [TMI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She doesn't seem to be very "pro-life". She actually seems to be advocating for abortions. Now, she says it was just a metaphor... (mm'kay)

https://www.independent.co.uk/...rriage-a9304891.html
Quote Reply

Prev Next