Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Newfoundland Blizzard
Quote | Reply

We've had extreme cold for the past week plus, but I'd rather have the cold than the snow.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/weathering-the-storm-1.5432028
Last edited by: edbikebabe: Jan 18, 20 15:59
Quote Reply
Re: Newfoundland Blizzard [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks AWESOME.

I love snow days
Quote Reply
Re: Newfoundland Blizzard [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wind gusts at 236 KM/H (144 MPH)

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Newfoundland Blizzard [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAB wrote:
Wind gusts at 236 KM/H (144 MPH)

I said I liked the snow, not the wind
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's rather impressive.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Edmonton snow is light and fluffy, but 5' of that crap would be far too much of a good thing!

At least with the cold we generally get the sun, teasing us cruelly and pretending to add warmth in spite of the north wind sucking the breath out of you.

I can't wait for spring. Or, Monday which will be warm enough to finally hit the trails again without truly risking my life.
Quote Reply
Re: Newfoundland Blizzard [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.facebook.com/...=mo&d=n&vh=i

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw a time lapse video of the blizzard. That snowfall was intense.

Looks more like a snow week then a snow day ahead for them.

We have had exactly one blizzard type event here in recent memory, in 1996. 6 feet of snow in 24 hours. I was 13. Schools were closed for something like 2 or 3 weeks!

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thunderin' Jeezus. That be a lot of snow.
Nuttin ta do but ta brake out the Skreetch, sit on the couch and drink the week away.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Newfoundland Blizzard [Furiosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Furiosa wrote:
Edmonton snow is light and fluffy, but 5' of that crap would be far too much of a good thing!

At least with the cold we generally get the sun, teasing us cruelly and pretending to add warmth in spite of the north wind sucking the breath out of you.

I can't wait for spring. Or, Monday which will be warm enough to finally hit the trails again without truly risking my life.

I have to fly to Edmonton for a trade show this week. To say I am not looking forward to the weather is a bit of an understatement. I will try to limit my outside time to getting into a cab at the airport.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Newfoundland Blizzard [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Furiosa wrote:

I have to fly to Edmonton for a trade show this week. To say I am not looking forward to the weather is a bit of an understatement. I will try to limit my outside time to getting into a cab at the airport.

Nah - you are good. Highs around freezing all week.

The air doesn't hurt my face anymore!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They called in the Armed Forces. What a bunch of pussies.

That's what all you idiots said when Toronto was dumped with a similar amount of snow and did the same.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Newfoundland Blizzard [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Furiosa wrote:

T-shirt weather this week! Bring your shoes and go for a run in the river valley
Quote Reply
Re: Newfoundland Blizzard [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
They called in the Armed Forces. What a bunch of pussies.

That's what all you idiots said when Toronto was dumped with a similar amount of snow and did the same.

Yeah, no. Some parts of NFLD has had 200cm of snow and more to come (and there was some already there).
Everyone stands by comments about Torontonians. Wussies, every last one of ya. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Newfoundland Blizzard [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the Army isn't going to those parts now is it. Nor did the Army come to my house to help me dig out in '99.

The Army goes to the places that simply have no room for the snow. Downtown.

St. Johns got about 75 cm. That's a lot. Toronto got about 100 cm over the course of a week and a half.

about 65 cm in three days. There was simply nowhere to put the snow. So with 65 cm on the ground and more in the forecast, the mayor made the right call.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply