Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Analyzing the position of the world's best cyclist [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.. [some] humans are cycling successively in the 5th generation now .. if these had 10kg shoes on when walking maybe the upstroke would have been influenced positively for cycling .. sorry, there is absolutely no study about heavy shoe walking correlated to upstroke while pedaling ..

edit: just some off season thoughts

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Last edited by: sausskross: Jan 8, 20 21:15
Quote Reply
Re: Analyzing the position of the world's best cyclist [RChung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RChung wrote:
Frank, is that you?

LOL. I once owned a set of Frank's device.
Quote Reply
Re: Analyzing the position of the world's best cyclist [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Regarding the fore/aft pic and position.

Quote:
This is inline with where most World Tour riders have gone in recent years; about 1-2cm forward of where they had been traditionally, which was at least that much further forward from their predecessors long ago (70’s & 80’s – not that long ago for me)

What is the basis for this 2-4cm scooch forward? What is the advantage to having the knee be straight over the spindle at 90? (when viewed from drive side)

The further aft position seems to recruit more hamstring to the the contraction and one can still achieve a 90 down stroke if they rotate their POV of where maximal force happens.

Quote:
We refer to this as the "go" position, and we set the optimized saddle height for when the athlete needs it most. That means their more relaxed position will leave the saddle height high.
Nice to see that I'm not the only one that thinks/fits this way!! #fullgas!

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Analyzing the position of the world's best cyclist [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The further aft position seems to recruit more hamstring to the the contraction..

It seems to me, and all the cyclists friends of mine that venture into a more forward TT position, that the further you go forward, the more the hamstrings are recruited, so I think the opposite of what you are saying here? Whenever they do a TT off of a more slack position, they always come away with screaming hamstrings. I do too in the early riding of each season, but it gets trained, so goes away. I would think the more "aft" you get, the more your quads and other pushing muscles get engaged.

Or maybe that is not what you meant at all, but good discussion all the way around here. I too like to fit people to their go positions, unless they are never going to go of course... (-;
Quote Reply
Re: Analyzing the position of the world's best cyclist [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
RChung wrote:
Frank, is that you?

LOL. I once owned a set of Frank's device.

I did too. They convinced me that trying to apply power by pulling up is nonsense.
Quote Reply
Re: Analyzing the position of the world's best cyclist [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There’s not much evidence that any power comes from the upstroke.
Quote Reply
Re: Analyzing the position of the world's best cyclist [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
It seems to me, and all the cyclists friends of mine that venture into a more forward TT position, that the further you go forward, the more the hamstrings are recruited, so I think the opposite of what you are saying here?

Not how I see it. The farther forward you sit the more the quads need to be activated to keep the hamstring and glute contraction from forcing you off the front of the saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Analyzing the position of the world's best cyclist [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
// head down & ass up .. by another world's best race nerd .. [moving forward feelings become exciting just by simulating to lift 10kg shoes & standing on firm ground out of the saddle] .. oPo >>

edit: pic doesn't show .. link // instagram.com/petosagan

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Last edited by: sausskross: Jan 12, 20 0:37
Quote Reply

Prev Next