Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Strava Segment Question
Quote | Reply

I did a search and could not find it anywhere on ST.

If the dynamic of an established Strava segment changes significantly, can it get 'reset' for KOM purposes? If so, how?
Speaking about mountain bike segments specifically. Distance is the same but the terrain is harder/easier compared to when it was established, due to modifications, erosion etc.

Quote Reply
Re: Strava Segment Question [El Jefe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
strava dont care if the terrain in easier or harder now... it wont reset. The original creator can delete the segment, modify whatever, but as soon as someone makes another.. it will eventually backfill the data from people that have travelled that segment anyways.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can view segment times by year. For MTB, that’s what I normally look at, since our trails change slightly on a regular basis.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, there's not a way to do this. Your best bet is probably filtering the leaderboard results to the current week/month/year, but unfortunately even that's not great--it's calendar year and such, so there's not even any data now.

Oddly enough this feature does exist for Zwift, though I imagine it's not intended for this purpose. Newly created segments do not gather activity matches from before their creation date, as opposed to the real world where it will pull in results from the beginning of Strava time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Thank you all for the info.

Quote Reply