Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I don't always wash my training gear [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
chriskal wrote:
You should take it a step further and install a garbage disposal in your shower.

Genius!

Total Genius!

I'll go you one better. When I read the garbage disposal idea it made me think of that guy in Dr. Seuss's Star-bellied Sneetches. (Sylvester McMonkey McBean).

He'd make a freaking killing selling cool useless gizmos to tri-geeks worldwide. With a specialty of GPS watches and other shit for lap swimming!

I'll take a shower with my clothes on! Only a tri-geek would say that!
I'm laughing so hard, I'm crying...

Happy new year!

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: I don't always wash my training gear [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Beyond the smell factor, you really want clean bike shorts/bibs. Saddle sores suck.

Totally agree with this!
Quote Reply
Re: I don't always wash my training gear [manofthewoods] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently you never watched Seinfeld. I can only hope I was giving the garbage disposal poster due credit for his comedic reference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Apparently you never watched Seinfeld. I can only hope I was giving the garbage disposal poster due credit for his comedic reference.

what? "the show about nothing" I did yuck it up watching that show more that a few times, but alas, musta missed that one. I'm afraid to watch it on the trainer for fear of laughing too much instead of suffering.

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:

Yeah. I can’t take credit for the idea. :)

Quote Reply
Re: I don't always wash my training gear [ejoe156] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nasty MFer. Lmao!
Quote Reply
Re: I don't always wash my training gear [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
ejoe156 wrote:
Abergili wrote:
Buy more shirts. Shorts I stretch it to 2-3 uses if I am not soaking them in sweat

you only use a pair of shorts 2-3 times? What kind of shorts are we talking here?

I'm thinking "2-3 uses between washes" was meant

Gross
Quote Reply
Re: I don't always wash my training gear [jroden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jroden wrote:
RandMart wrote:
ejoe156 wrote:
Abergili wrote:
Buy more shirts. Shorts I stretch it to 2-3 uses if I am not soaking them in sweat

you only use a pair of shorts 2-3 times? What kind of shorts are we talking here?

I'm thinking "2-3 uses between washes" was meant

Gross

Oh, c'mon

Even if they ARE stinky, shorts are at least 2-3 feet below your nose, and noxious gases are always heavier than air, so they stay down there - even if you're not moving

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: I don't always wash my training gear [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stand corrected
Quote Reply
Re: I don't always wash my training gear [ejoe156] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good grief, some of you sound like the guys who wear hats 24/7 because, "I haven't washed my hair".

Get enough kit so that you can make it through a week without wearing the same thing twice. Put everything in the laundry on Sunday night (along with your underwear and socks if necessary to make it a worthwhile load). You won't destroy the environment doing a load of laundry once per week. You'll smell better and you might even avoid getting sick from something nasty in your dirty clothes.

Oh, and wash your hair.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: I don't always wash my training gear [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
Good grief, some of you sound like the guys who wear hats 24/7 because, "I haven't washed my hair".

Get enough kit so that you can make it through a week without wearing the same thing twice. Put everything in the laundry on Sunday night (along with your underwear and socks if necessary to make it a worthwhile load). You won't destroy the environment doing a load of laundry once per week. You'll smell better and you might even avoid getting sick from something nasty in your dirty clothes.

Oh, and wash your hair.

The majority of technical fabrics are supposed to be washed immediately after use. Why on earth would you toss a week's worth of expensive, sweat-soaked workout clothing in a laundry basket to sit and fester in sweat and bacteria? All my sweaty bibs, run shorts, singlets and sock get washed immediately. Over time those fabrics will hold the sweat smell if not laundered shortly after use, ruining expensive clothing.
Quote Reply
Re: I don't always wash my training gear [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would u waste money on buying overpriced training clothes? It’s just training so there is no advantage to be gained
Quote Reply
Re: I don't always wash my training gear [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:

Oh, and wash your hair.

The majority of technical fabrics are supposed to be washed immediately after use. Why on earth would you toss a week's worth of expensive, sweat-soaked workout clothing in a laundry basket to sit and fester in sweat and bacteria? All my sweaty bibs, run shorts, singlets and sock get washed immediately. Over time those fabrics will hold the sweat smell if not laundered shortly after use, ruining expensive clothing.
I don't know what clothes you're using. Washing every day seems a lot, but I'd join you doing that before I wore the same bike/run gear without washing them. (Maybe I should read the "care and washing" instructions when I buy clothes?)

I've got stuff from Assos and DeSoto to Performance and Big 5. Living in NM, even sweaty clothes air dry pretty quickly. I've not had any problems, with odor, skin problems, or wearing out the fabric, going with the once per week washing routine for the past 20 years.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply

Prev Next