Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone using Rouvy with rollers
Quote | Reply
I've done a lot of research and I can't seem to find the answer and Rouvy support has not been much help either. Basically, I have Kreitler rollers and new Garmin speed and cadence sensors. I'm selecting generic bluetooth connection as the trainer and my sensors are being recognized. When I go to save, the sensors are there, but no trainer is being saved. I've tried a few other "dumb" trainer selections like fluid and mag trainers that are in their compatible list of trainers, but the same thing happens. Since those trainers do not send a signal I thought it would save easily because no connection needs to be made.

Do I need to connect with an ANT+ sensor instead of bluetooth. I'm using a windows 10 pro machine with bluetooth 4.2 which should be fine with connecting. That machine is also recognizing the two sensors as available bluetooth devices. I'm trying to get an idea if this will work before I throw more money at a ANT+ sensor since I'm obviously trying to keep this cheap. If not, it seems like Zwift might be able to accommodate this setup. It just seemed like Rouvy was able to do something similar as long as you had a speed and cadence sensor.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide and Happy New Year
Barry

Great things never come from comfort zones.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using Rouvy with rollers [Barry S.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barry S. wrote:
I've done a lot of research and I can't seem to find the answer and Rouvy support has not been much help either. Basically, I have Kreitler rollers and new Garmin speed and cadence sensors. I'm selecting generic bluetooth connection as the trainer and my sensors are being recognized. When I go to save, the sensors are there, but no trainer is being saved. I've tried a few other "dumb" trainer selections like fluid and mag trainers that are in their compatible list of trainers, but the same thing happens. Since those trainers do not send a signal I thought it would save easily because no connection needs to be made.

Do I need to connect with an ANT+ sensor instead of bluetooth. I'm using a windows 10 pro machine with bluetooth 4.2 which should be fine with connecting. That machine is also recognizing the two sensors as available bluetooth devices. I'm trying to get an idea if this will work before I throw more money at a ANT+ sensor since I'm obviously trying to keep this cheap. If not, it seems like Zwift might be able to accommodate this setup. It just seemed like Rouvy was able to do something similar as long as you had a speed and cadence sensor.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide and Happy New Year
Barry

Does that trainer send anything over Bluetooth? If not, you need to stick to picking a dumb trainer. It's been a year or two, but I was able to get Rouvy working with a Mag+ and ANT+ Speed and Cadence.

I think once you pick a dumb trainer in Rouvy, it tries to pair a speed sensor and won't continue without it. Maybe remove all the sensors, and then try to add a basic mag trainer and let it detect the Speed and Cadence at that time. I'm assuming you have the Garmin Speed and Cadence 2 that support BLE.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using Rouvy with rollers [bufordt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the info. I'll give that a shot. Right, I'm using the bluetooth connection for the speed and cadence sensor. Looks like I might have to go with the ANT+ unless I can get this working. thanks again and I'll write back if I have some luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using Rouvy with rollers [Barry S.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barry S. wrote:
thanks for the info. I'll give that a shot. Right, I'm using the bluetooth connection for the speed and cadence sensor. Looks like I might have to go with the ANT+ unless I can get this working. thanks again and I'll write back if I have some luck.

You can get Generic ANT+ dongles on Amazon for $10-15.

Or you can get a refurbed Garmin one for $18.

https://smile.amazon.com/...577809014&sr=8-7

If you live in the Minneapolis area I have an extra I would give you.
Last edited by: bufordt: Dec 31, 19 8:20
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using Rouvy with rollers [bufordt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GOT IT! thank you for the help. I removed the sensors and tried another classic "dumb" trainer instead of the generic bluetooth one and it saved the trainer and sensors. The speed and watts readings are off, but I can play with that by choosing another trainer. I'm not looking to set any records, so just getting it working and being able to ride a real looking road course will make winter riding much more interesting.

Thank you for the offer of the ANT+ sensor, I'm in lower NY, but it looks like this will work without the extra dongle.

enjoy the New Year!
Barry

Great things never come from comfort zones.
Last edited by: Barry S.: Jan 2, 20 7:45
Quote Reply