Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

iPhone 11 bike wallet
Quote | Reply
Suggestions? Preferably a folio style...

The phone has a Gear4 case too i would prefer to leave on.
Quote Reply
Re: iPhone 11 bike wallet [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Suggestions? Preferably a folio style...

The phone has a Gear4 case too i would prefer to leave on.

Not exactly folio style, but I am a huge fan of Silk credit card wallets in general so much so that it might be the wallet that has kept me in the Apple ecosystem since nobody ever seems to make a decent credit card wallet for Android phones. Just looked at my last purchase and it looks like they changed the name to Smartish. If you must carry cash, just put the bill actually in the case between the iphone itself and the case and use for emergency only.

And just because I am always interested in different workflows and habits, what is it about folio style wallets that make it your style of choice.?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: iPhone 11 bike wallet [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a 1 gallon ziplock bag, preferably with a zipper.
Quote Reply
Re: iPhone 11 bike wallet [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
i use this
https://silca.cc/...icana-essentials-bag

Definitely fits iPhone 11? Looks like what I'm looking for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
heyMartin wrote:
i use this
https://silca.cc/...icana-essentials-bag

Definitely fits iPhone 11? Looks like what I'm looking for.

It does. I have the Silca and love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apple Watch with Apple Pay.

It really has freed me up from taking my phone with me on workouts.

I don’t use it for workout tracking. Just have it along for phone call emergency, text up dates from buddies on ride and occasionally a coffee stop. Music some times when I’m at the gym.

Not that Apple needs another plug
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have Lifeproof case. Use ziploc quart freezer bag that always has a chain link, emergency cash, glass cleaners, and adhesive patches. Just throw the phone in it before I head out as keeps sweat and dirt off the lenses so if I need to use camera it is clean. Pretty lucky in that most of my road rides are right from my front door so not driving to the start. When on MTB I put in camelbak pouch. Tried a wallet made by Cannondale found on sale and went back to the plastic bag.

I miss you "Sports Night"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can attest to the awesomeness of QV's ziplock bag technique. When I forget to bring money on a ride he buys me coffee from his little baggie. ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FFS people, if I wanted to put my phone in a ziplock bag I wouldn't have created this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: iPhone 11 bike wallet [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have bought way too many wallets, including the Silca one. I think overall I prefer the Rapha ones. Just make sure you get a waterproof one.
Quote Reply
Re: iPhone 11 bike wallet [kajukenbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kajukenbo wrote:
I have bought way too many wallets, including the Silca one. I think overall I prefer the Rapha ones. Just make sure you get a waterproof one.

The Rapha Case seems too small for an Iphone 11.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They have multiple sizes and they list compatibility. I have one for my 11 Pro Max.
Quote Reply
Re: iPhone 11 bike wallet [kajukenbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kajukenbo wrote:
They have multiple sizes and they list compatibility. I have one for my 11 Pro Max.

Reading in the comments the internal zip pocket can scratch your phone. Uh... that doesn't sound good?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never had that issue, but I could see it from the design.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I picked up a cycling wallet on Ebay made by Gorix. Fits an Iphone 7+ since Iphone 11 is slightly smaller it should fit. It has pockets for other things like credit card, keys, etc. Fits into a jersey pocket. Case is supposed to be water resistant. I just got it and am waiting for things to warm up so I can see if this really keeps me stuff dry and in one place.

I made a video of the unboxing you see here.

Quote Reply