Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Voted for hung parliament. F££k boris and the tories [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keep marshaling on... England... Impeachment... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur7GnxTkS-M
Quote Reply
Re: Voted for hung parliament. F££k boris and the tories [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that was what I was alluding to. You don't move to the ME for altruistic reasons.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Voted for hung parliament. F££k boris and the tories [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
33 of the last 50 years qualifies as 'most' (in reference to Conservative Govts). Obviously I'm aware of the Labour Govts within the last 50 years; I actually live in the UK.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Voted for hung parliament. F££k boris and the tories [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aren’t capitalist economies basically all houses on fire, they periodically collapse and get rebuilt and set on fire again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
For those who don't follow this closely.. What happened?

Not yet but it's really looking like Scottish Independence soon, not a single Tory MP in all of Scotland. An Boris the spider has said he won't be giving them permission for a new referendum, so given how much he lies that must mean, yes he will give them a referendum.
Quote Reply
Re: Voted for hung parliament. F££k boris and the tories [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndrewMC and Shetries are the usual vocal anti Conservative, anti Brexit types.

Nearly everything they've said is nonsense. They believe that the UK NEEDS the EU more than anything and that the country is full or racists and xenophobes who are going to crash the economy.

I could post the usual factual responses to their points:

The City isn't going anywhere. Paris & Frankfurt have tried for years. But the level of expertise is quite happy where it is thanks. We actually manage 1/3rd of ALL the EUs debt for them. We have exclusive rights on Chinese trading.
The EU economy is teetering. Germany has just been told it will need to nearly DOUBLE it's contributions when we leave! (33bn!)
Chlorine washed chicken isn't the health concern Remoaners think it is. Chlorine washed Salad is fine. And ironically the EU even say it's not a problem!
The EU-Japan FTA (big cash bribes to the EU commission staff in exchange for that one!) is the REAL reason the Japanese car makers are returning home (which fucks EVERY EU citizen working for a car plant making Toyota/Honda or Nissan in Europe)

They tell us that the UK is a global power because of our place in the EU. Which ignores the fact that only 2 other EU states are in the G7 which suggests it has fuck all to do with being in the EU. Then tell us that without a bunch of unelected, appointed corrupt, failed politicians (the new EU president sent German soldiers to a Nato exercise with BROOMSTICKS for guns, as they hadn't bought any!) telling us how to give them billions for a "Free trade agreement" the UK will basically become a wasteland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZlBy1G9BsQ

They tell us that without Freedom of Movement we'll never attract EU migrants to work in our NHS (majority of non UK NHS employees are from OUTSIDE the EU)
They tell us that anyone who voted for Brexit is a racist who hates foreigners (apparently wanting CONTROL of immigration is racist now. Completely ignors the fact that if you don't know how many people are coming how can you build schools or houses for these people?)

But they simply wont have it and will be completely baffled as to how the sky doesn't fall in, a decent EU/UK trade agreement (inc services) will be done and there wont be lorries queing down the M20
Last edited by: Race1: Dec 19, 19 12:40
Quote Reply
Re: Voted for hung parliament. F££k boris and the tories [Hispid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hispid wrote:
windywave wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

Not yet but it's really looking like Scottish Independence soon, not a single Tory MP in all of Scotland. An Boris the spider has said he won't be giving them permission for a new referendum, so given how much he lies that must mean, yes he will give them a referendum.

Quote Reply
Re: Voted for hung parliament. F££k boris and the tories [Race1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was a conservative. I'm not an islamaphobe and I'm not antisemitic. Two things that can't be said of the two current parties, and no, I'd not vote tory again, not because of Brexit but because its populated with cun+s like Patel and raab and Jenkins and other little englanders.

The "everything they've said is nonsense but I wont present facts" is just a bullshit response, though I'm sure you're correct and it's all sunlit uplands. I'm sure northern Ireland will flourish and there will be no need for customs checks between the UK / eu in future

I don't think the UK needs the EU but having spent 20 years working in the NHS and manufacturing. Having close ties to pharma and automotive. The NHS can't recruit, and pharma and automotive are consolidating their supply chains in the EU or in counties with existing deals with the EU. Facts.

Those industries will not come back irrespective of a deal because there supply chains are predicated on frictionless tarrif free trade.

Germanys economy could collapse tomorrow. Will they still need drugs? If their, and the rest of the EU's economies go down the shitter, will they need drugs? Would pharma manufacturers be better situated in side a country with a deal or outside? If medicines need approval, are they better placed to be made within the regulated market or outside? What are the pharma barriers to sitting outside the market? What's the approval regime when outside, what form os the mutual recognition going to take from 1/1/21?

The fact that we currently manage the EU's debt does not mean it continues without an agreement in whatever form it takes. That's a fact.

If we have no deal allowing access to finance debt. Where else can they go........ They have options.

In order to have continued access for finance and manufacturing. What are you willing to offer in exchange for that access?

I won't be bothered either way. Don't live there. Not moving back. Don't give a fuck.

But thanks for playing
Last edited by: Andrewmc: Dec 19, 19 13:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Hispid wrote:
windywave wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

What Tories? Lol
Quote Reply
Re: Voted for hung parliament. F££k boris and the tories [Hispid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The one thing that almost certainly won't happen is Scottish independence in spite of the likelihood of a united Ireland.

Scotland bankrupt, no currency, no central bank, if England Wales diverge from EU which seems to be the intention and scotland could somehow get a currency, establish a central bank, reduce its budget deficit and apllied to accede to the EU having won an referendum. They'd then need to build a big fuck off border wall between England and Scotland.

Never happen. Literally never even with no tories in Scotland. Scotland can't overcome the fact its a net recipient.....

That's not to say I'd not pay for them to go, but would the EU want another net recipient? Would german tax payers want it.

And none of this even considers the fact that Spain will not let that shit fly because of catalonia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hispid wrote:
windywave wrote:
Hispid wrote:
windywave wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

What Tories? Lol

You must have missed where Boris told her to pound sand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Hispid wrote:
windywave wrote:
Hispid wrote:
windywave wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

What Tories? Lol

Oh you mean the English. Well if your idea of Independence is doing whatever the English tell you to do then what was that nonsense in 1776 about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hispid wrote:
windywave wrote:
Hispid wrote:
windywave wrote:
Hispid wrote:
windywave wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

What Tories? Lol

Oh you mean the English. Well if your idea of Independence is doing whatever the English tell you to do then what was that nonsense in 1776 about?

I believe Longshanks put down the last armed rebellion quite effectively. I think the fact you still have a Queen says more about Scotland than anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As for what Boris said...well he says a lot of things. He’s been sacked twice for lying so even if he said that water is wet I’d have to check for myself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hispid wrote:
As for what Boris said...well he says a lot of things. He’s been sacked twice for lying so even if he said that water is wet I’d have to check for myself.

And per usual a Scotsman yields
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heh, I'm Australian but lived in Scotland for a number of years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hispid wrote:
Heh, I'm Australian but lived in Scotland for a number of years.

That was a quick denial of Scots lineage
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There’s some in there way back. I like their beer.
Quote Reply

Prev Next