Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Salming shoe recommendations
Quote | Reply
I'm not racing any more this year, heading in to a winter run focus, and have been looking to add some different shoes to my rotation. Salming looks to have a lot of the things I like in shoes but I've never run in them. So I'm looking for recommendations from people who have.

My main racing/training shoes this season from sprint to IM – Skechers Razor 3
Other shoes I rotate through – couple older pairs of the Razor 2 (ok, but the 3 is soooo much better), Saucony Freedom ISO, Inov8 Trailroc 270

Shoes I've tried over the past few weeks and did not like:
Reebok FloatRide Run Fast (too much drop, too much arch, felt like too much shoe)
New Balance Beacon 2 (totally hated it), Zante (comfortable but found it too stiff), FuelCell Rebel (also stiffer than I wanted)
Skechers GORun Ride 8 (really thought I'd like this as a training version of the Razor 3, but didn't like the higher stack and lack of road feel)

So I seem to like fairly low stack (3-6 mm), flexible, and good road feel. Seems like Salming focuses on these things and there's good deals on the EnRoute 2, Miles Lite, D5, and Speed 6 right now. Mainly looking for a durable, comfortable training shoe I can put some miles on but I'd also be happy to add a faster, more minimal shoe for some workouts.

Any thoughts or recommendations from people who run in Salmings? Any Salming reps on here?

Thanks!
Quote Reply