Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone have advise for Pes anserine/ Bursitis problem
Quote | Reply
Struggling with for a while now. Anyone have any luck dealing with this?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have advise for Pes anserine/ Bursitis problem [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a few flareups without knowing what it was a few years ago. Then, after ramping up intensity and volume, it was a real enough problem to see a sports med doctor. 1st approach was a total waste of time and $ - a bunch of imaging that was inconclusive and a useless intrajoint steroid injection resulting from the incorrect hypothesis that it was a meniscus issue. Finally went to someone who manipulated my knee (does it hurt here? how about here?) rather than make $ off use of his MRI. Figured out what it was. There was no conventional treatment except RICE, but he offered an steroid injection right in the bursa. Magic. Once the initial inflammation was over, I've put a cold pack over the bursa after every ride/run. Not b/c it hurts, but to prevent a flare up. I should be knocking wood, but it's been 3 years or so, zero issues despite race speed/volume every summer.

So...get an acute treatment if you can (might need to find someone willing to think outside the box) and recover with RICE/no running for a bit. Then, ice/coldpack the area after working out. That has been the successful approach for me when nothing else worked.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have advise for Pes anserine/ Bursitis problem [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
giorgitd wrote:
I had a few flareups without knowing what it was a few years ago. Then, after ramping up intensity and volume, it was a real enough problem to see a sports med doctor. 1st approach was a total waste of time and $ - a bunch of imaging that was inconclusive and a useless intrajoint steroid injection resulting from the incorrect hypothesis that it was a meniscus issue. Finally went to someone who manipulated my knee (does it hurt here? how about here?) rather than make $ off use of his MRI. Figured out what it was. There was no conventional treatment except RICE, but he offered an steroid injection right in the bursa. Magic. Once the initial inflammation was over, I've put a cold pack over the bursa after every ride/run. Not b/c it hurts, but to prevent a flare up. I should be knocking wood, but it's been 3 years or so, zero issues despite race speed/volume every summer.

So...get an acute treatment if you can (might need to find someone willing to think outside the box) and recover with RICE/no running for a bit. Then, ice/coldpack the area after working out. That has been the successful approach for me when nothing else worked.

Thanks! Yeah already been mis diagnosed once same as you. Hopefully I can get a shot I the bursa
Quote Reply