Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Protect your frame
Quote | Reply
So getting a new gravel bike. What do you all do to protect your paint and frame for a gravel bike? I know there are chain guards and other things you can use for a mountain bike. Do you use similar products for a gravel bike?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Protect your frame [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just have a normal thick sticker on the chainstay... my RD has a clutch so I'm not really worried about slap.

Also have frame protection decals on the underside of the frame for rocks that get thrown by the front tire.

not really interested in anymore then that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adhesive chainstay protector thing, and some clear frame protection tape where cables are likely to rub the frame/fork.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've ridden some big gravel races and the only one that really did damage to my equipment was DK.....and that was just the crank arms. I'm not sure if flying rocks were a huge thing there or what but my crank arms were peppered with rock chips after that race!

Other than that I've done many races up to 240 miles and honestly I don't think you get much more wear than on the road. I just haven't seen much. Maybe just a small random paint chip here or there.

And that's coming from a guy that's ridden 20,000 miles in 2019 :)

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The popular thing to use among the MTB guys is helicopter tape (i.e. the stuff used on helicopter blades). I've personally used some 3M clearbra stuff on my chainstays for my road/Tri bike just because I had the stuff lying around from a different project (I used it on my previous car Thule Roof Rack Foot Pads would go to protect the paint).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All the trick above... and don't spend to much money on gear you don't want to scratch
Quote Reply