Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Not much talk on Adam Hansen's (current WT rider) IM Florida Performance [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He passed me around mile 5, his position looked spot on one of best in field. He put time into Reid Foster which is no easy task. The AG field was simply stacked at IMFL with Europeans, any other race he would have been going top 3 with that bike split.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Not much talk on Adam Hansen's (current WT rider) IM Florida Performance [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MadTownTRI wrote:
It looks like he took 8th in his ag with a 9:05... that’s brutal. Top 5 in 35-39 all go under 9?

In a race where the top 3 pros went under 8, not surprised.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Not much talk on Adam Hansen's (current WT rider) IM Florida Performance [pabloarc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pabloarc wrote:
I agree, he rode in a fully optimized world tour TT setup. That's what the race pictures show.

"Taking 15mins off that time easily achievable"??? LOL
Not quite his normal position lol:

Would love to see him have another crack fully trained.
Quote Reply
Re: Not much talk on Adam Hansen's (current WT rider) IM Florida Performance [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessar wrote:
42x16ss wrote:
Wow, didn't realise Hansen used a road bike with bodged up aero bars lol. I just assumed he was riding within himself for the run.

It's a Ridley Dean FAST, not exactly a road bike...
When I heard home made aero bars I made a few assumptions. Thought Hansen would be using his Noah Fast, which isn't slow either.
Quote Reply
Re: Not much talk on Adam Hansen's (current WT rider) IM Florida Performance [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
He passed me around mile 5, his position looked spot on one of best in field. He put time into Reid Foster which is no easy task. The AG field was simply stacked at IMFL with Europeans, any other race he would have been going top 3 with that bike split.

It's hard to imagine what it looks like by looking at just the bike... this is the best I could find, though a side picture would be the best if anyone comes across one.
Quote Reply
Re: Not much talk on Adam Hansen's (current WT rider) IM Florida Performance [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not responding to you in particular... but it just blows my mind that Skipper out-rode a current world tour guy by 10’ and then ran a 2:39.

Joe’s performance has to be one of the most impressive individual efforts of the year... Jans Kona and then this bike + run combo have to be right up there
Quote Reply
Re: Not much talk on Adam Hansen's (current WT rider) IM Florida Performance [42x16ss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how do you know that's not his normal TT position? is that because that's not his "normal" TT bike? if that's the case even an average AG like myself could have just transferred the same coordinates (x, y) if for some reason need to race on a different bike, so one could race in the same position. I would be surprised if a world tour pro cannot do that.

If that picture is his race setup, interesting he choose not to race with a disc wheel. It would have improved his bike split for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Not much talk on Adam Hansen's (current WT rider) IM Florida Performance [pabloarc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guaranteed that's not his regular position for TT races... That position is nowhere near UCI legal...
Quote Reply
Re: Not much talk on Adam Hansen's (current WT rider) IM Florida Performance [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, correct, but I would thought at least pads (x, y) coordinates he would use similar as his normal TT position.
Quote Reply
Re: Not much talk on Adam Hansen's (current WT rider) IM Florida Performance [emantell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
emantell wrote:
Mario S wrote:
tessar wrote:
42x16ss wrote:
Wow, didn't realise Hansen used a road bike with bodged up aero bars lol. I just assumed he was riding within himself for the run.

It's a Ridley Dean FAST, not exactly a road bike...

Never the less, if he could be bothered, on a proper rig then 15mins off that bike time would be easily achievable.

He had speedbars and has probably been to the wind tunnel more times in the past year than the entire pro field combined, take a lap.

Doubt he's been to the wind tunnel at all. He's a domestique. I'd be surprised if he even has a TT home bike.

15 minutes, hmm, doubt that too. He was also blasting through amateurs all day versus having a pro pack and open roads. Who knows.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Not much talk on Adam Hansen's (current WT rider) IM Florida Performance [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So hard to tell what type of effort he put in on that bike ride. He was coming off a long season and just a few weeks from his final 1 week stage race in Asia. I doubt he puts any real time in on the TT bike these days, although early in his career he did get at least one national TT championship.

In theory, he could rip the course to shreds if he got after it. He's not a little climber like Talansky - he's over 6 feet tall and around 170lbs - so I imagine he could lay down some serious power on that flat course. If Cam is any sort of indicator, Hansen is bigger and a much more successful world tour rider with a few nice wins on his palmares.

All that said, I just like that he did this as something fun to start his off season. Who knows what he could do with focused training and prep coupled with pro racing tactics (will likely never know on the pro level since he is already 38), just cool he jumped in and had fun with it.

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pabloarc wrote:
how do you know that's not his normal TT position? is that because that's not his "normal" TT bike? if that's the case even an average AG like myself could have just transferred the same coordinates (x, y) if for some reason need to race on a different bike, so one could race in the same position. I would be surprised if a world tour pro cannot do that.

If that picture is his race setup, interesting he choose not to race with a disc wheel. It would have improved his bike split for sure.
UCI regulations require arms to be much flatter (not sure of the max angle) and max saddle tilt is now 9 degrees. Considering Hansen has gone from the Czech Republic (his European base) to Florida, and will be back to Australia shortly I doubt he wanted to travel with more than one set of wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Not much talk on Adam Hansen's (current WT rider) IM Florida Performance [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MadTownTRI wrote:
Not responding to you in particular... but it just blows my mind that Skipper out-rode a current world tour guy by 10’ and then ran a 2:39.

Joe’s performance has to be one of the most impressive individual efforts of the year... Jans Kona and then this bike + run combo have to be right up there

Just because he's a world tour rider doesn't mean he should be an uber triathlete biker. He's a workhorse for every teams he's been on and its safe to say he's not regarded as a standout in TT'er. If this was about Rohan Dennis being out biked then that would beg a few questions.

But i do agree that Joe's efforts were huge, especially after Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: Not much talk on Adam Hansen's (current WT rider) IM Florida Performance [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flynnzu wrote:
So hard to tell what type of effort he put in on that bike ride. He was coming off a long season and just a few weeks from his final 1 week stage race in Asia. I doubt he puts any real time in on the TT bike these days, although early in his career he did get at least one national TT championship.

In theory, he could rip the course to shreds if he got after it. He's not a little climber like Talansky - he's over 6 feet tall and around 170lbs - so I imagine he could lay down some serious power on that flat course. If Cam is any sort of indicator, Hansen is bigger and a much more successful world tour rider with a few nice wins on his palmares.

All that said, I just like that he did this as something fun to start his off season. Who knows what he could do with focused training and prep coupled with pro racing tactics (will likely never know on the pro level since he is already 38), just cool he jumped in and had fun with it.
He actually had almost exceeded his maximum days allowed to ride in the season by the UCI so had taken a long spell off before he sprained his ankle not long before the Tour of China and went in under done. I'd say if anything he was underdone for Florida.
Quote Reply
Re: Not much talk on Adam Hansen's (current WT rider) IM Florida Performance [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://twitter.com/HansenAdam/status/1192822203164897286?cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw%3D%3D&refsrc=email
Quote Reply
Re: Not much talk on Adam Hansen's (current WT rider) IM Florida Performance [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ex-cyclist wrote:
Doubt he's been to the wind tunnel at all. He's a domestique. I'd be surprised if he even has a TT home bike.

Some domestiques maybe, but I find that hard to believe about Hansen specifically. An eternal tinkerer who custom-molds his own shoes? He has some peculiar ideas about bike fit (180mm cranks, forward-set seatpost) but it's clear he's got aerodynamics on his mind. Don't the Belgian and Dutch have two tunnels up north affiliated with their national federation and kit sponsors? Would make it easy to arrange some time for their Pro team members. Even the Israel Cycling Academy went to a tunnel, including their token Israeli riders who are 3-4km/h slower than reasonable TT pros.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply

Prev Next