Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Aero Shoetout [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
Any update on the ETA & price for these? Was just planning my budget & purchases for this coming year... wondering if this product might make the list! Thanks.

I'm hoping that I can have them out in April - things are going slowly in Italy, however, which is pretty normal there....

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Shoetout [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

An example of using this scalability:

If a cyclist can complete a 40kTT in 1 hour, using the CdA's of the shoes and applying a typical distribution of yaw angles, we can calculate that based on this data, using the VeloVetta prototype that cyclist would complete the 40k 32 seconds faster.

Is this just an example or an actual claim?

32 seconds in a 40k is an eternity. Also, for which baseline shoe?

Was there any Speedplay update? That was part of my original question also for the testing as I can't see someone using anything else other than the most known aero cleat systems for this if buying an aero shoe.

32 seconds over an SPD-SL and normal boa road shoe versus this product I could see. 32 seconds over a Giro SLX with the Specialized elastic cover and Speedplay aero zeroes............I could not fathom.

Also, I did wind up tossing speed laces into my Giro's and it's perfectly fine for a TT/tri setup. I'd never sprint in it or hammer out of the saddle up something, but it works just fine.

That 40k TT example is based on our wind tunnel results of the Sworks Road 7 vs. the VeloVetta prototype.

The Ironman bike leg example was based on the wind tunnel results of the TR9, as that is the more appropriate comparison for a triathlon.

Of course these results can vary with pedaling style, actual wind conditions, etc...

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Shoetout [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
That's a good question, but a reasonable assumption is that the Shimano TR9 is the baseline as it was the worst in the tunnel. Undoubtedly this shoe is much closer to the Giro. I have a pair of them and they are nice shoes, (and quite light) but I find them hard to get on in a tri, and the narrowness makes them less comfortable for half iron or longer, so haven't used them in a tri in a while. I do use them for shorter rides and TTs. The big appeal of these is an aero shoe that's fully tri-friendly.

Ed replied above that he wouldn't be making a four hole version so you'll have to use the adapter plate for Speedplays.

See my post above.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Shoetout [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
tttiltheend wrote:
Any update on the ETA & price for these? Was just planning my budget & purchases for this coming year... wondering if this product might make the list! Thanks.

I'm hoping that I can have them out in April - things are going slowly in Italy, however, which is pretty normal there....

Thanks for the update, and good luck with your project.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update on availability?
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Shoetout [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
Update on availability?

The factory is still not wanting to give me a ship date, waiting to solve the last couple issues. The molds for the plastic parts have been fixed. The rivet availability issue is sorted. Now they have had to fix the mold for the carbon fiber sole to make sure the edges of the sole match up with the shoe:

They are lasting and gluing another prototype on Monday.

Finally they will make up the graphics printing for the upper and the insole and we should be good to go.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did you work out such a long runway for this project? Im assuming that this is not your primary gig; but if it is...how are you floating it to profitability?

I believe my local reality has been violated.
Quote | Reply
stephenj wrote:
How did you work out such a long runway for this project? Im assuming that this is not your primary gig; but if it is...how are you floating it to profitability?

The long runway is not purposeful. Lots of unexpected road blocks along the way...

Luckily I have essentially 0 fixed costs, so when things go on pause, so do my expenses related to the project. The loss in time is hard-felt, though.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the update. Please lets us know when it's time to order. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, rats. I was sure hoping these were coming out this summer for AG worlds in September. I would also like you to take my money—I’ve superglued my old Specialized tri shoe soles back on in hopes of milking them until yours were ready. 😂

Thanks!

Meg
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Shoetout [MeggieB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahhhh! I didn’t look at the dates of the post. So there is still hope? YES.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any update on release date for these shoes Ed?
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Shoetout [johnonymous] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I made a post a few days ago above on this. A few modifications are being done to make the transition from the carbon sole to the upper smoother. Here it is, a little better than last time:

This prototype should be done soon, and it will be shipped to me for final inspection/testing. Meanwhile, the final uppers will be done (please ignore the tongue tab on this one!!) and the graphics will be done. The factory is still not giving me a production date. But we truly are getting closer.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply

Prev Next