Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lionel Sanders back with David Tilbury-Davis [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
Poldarn wrote:
vanchize wrote:
lyla wrote:
Credit to you for making a living making videos and traveling to races and being a general do-boy to the stars. Yet, I don’t think your jock sniffing, defender jumping on forums will play once you get out of your 20s. But who knows? Maybe that’s the infantile Youtuber, merch-selling, subscribe below world we live in today.

He'll always be the man to call if you need a knockoff Tesla shirt though. Those boxes aren't leaving moms basement any time soon.

How in the world can you work up the energy to be mad at someone for making cool you tube vids? Even if you dont think they are cool you dont have to watch them.. swear the internet is making people sick.

That's exactly how I feel. We are living in a digital age and I think he's doing a hell of great job. When your hobby becomes your job, you are a successful man, so to me Talbot is living the dream. His content, edit and interviews are top notch and I really enjoy them.

"Whoever is trying to bring you down is already below you."

TOUCHE!!! His hobby is his job, and not a lot of people would take the risk to try to make a go of this. Talbot did and not only is he having some success at it, he's giving us fans a level of coverage unheard of a few short years ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders back with David Tilbury-Davis [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
Poldarn wrote:
vanchize wrote:
lyla wrote:
Credit to you for making a living making videos and traveling to races and being a general do-boy to the stars. Yet, I don’t think your jock sniffing, defender jumping on forums will play once you get out of your 20s. But who knows? Maybe that’s the infantile Youtuber, merch-selling, subscribe below world we live in today.

He'll always be the man to call if you need a knockoff Tesla shirt though. Those boxes aren't leaving moms basement any time soon.

How in the world can you work up the energy to be mad at someone for making cool you tube vids? Even if you dont think they are cool you dont have to watch them.. swear the internet is making people sick.

That's exactly how I feel. We are living in a digital age and I think he's doing a hell of great job. When your hobby becomes your job, you are a successful man, so to me Talbot is living the dream. His content, edit and interviews are top notch and I really enjoy them.

100% agree. Man, you don't have to like what the guy does but I do have to admire he is doing something he loves, with people he likes(seems like it), in locations he enjoys... Seems pretty damn sweet to me.

I actually texted Talbot after Kona and everyone was kind of piling on him being behind the Sebi interview, and I just said 'fuck the haters'. Hopefully he didn't need my advice, but I do hope he doesn't listen to them. Constructive criticism is one thing...just shitting on the guy because you don't like his content, which you don't have to watch, just isn't necessary (IMO).
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders back with David Tilbury-Davis [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, just add them to the ignore list and move on. Talbot understands that for every hater there are hundreds that appreciate his work.

Culley22 wrote:
s13tx wrote:
Poldarn wrote:
vanchize wrote:
lyla wrote:

100% agree. Man, you don't have to like what the guy does but I do have to admire he is doing something he loves, with people he likes(seems like it), in locations he enjoys... Seems pretty damn sweet to me.

I actually texted Talbot after Kona and everyone was kind of piling on him being behind the Sebi interview, and I just said 'fuck the haters'. Hopefully he didn't need my advice, but I do hope he doesn't listen to them. Constructive criticism is one thing...just shitting on the guy because you don't like his content, which you don't have to watch, just isn't necessary (IMO).
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders back with David Tilbury-Davis [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTL wrote:
CementBottle wrote:
vanchize wrote:
This Los Cabos video is hilarious. He had to take his swim skin off after putting on his bike shoes and his Di2 battery died forcing him to spin the last part of the bike leg. Never stop making rookie mistakes Lionel.

It was a legitimate technical issue with the DI2 and he STILL biked a 2:02 on a rolling course, that is pretty impressive.

Yes and no! When you travel outside of US/Canada you most likely need a Travel Voltage converter. You never know how power flows in those all-inclusive resorts. I always have a spare/backup battery fully charged before leaving in other countries.

I did this a race when it was only full Ironman many years ago, so we needed to leave the bike the night before. So I can't comment on the fact he mentioned that he charged the night before, meaning he could bring his bike the morning of the race. He should have validate the battery charge level after charging. Simply press buttons to see light would have been red and the charge failed. Maybe he did...

Honestly, most of us leave their bikes the night before the race. We never know what can happen over night... so be ready to replace your di2 battery the morning it takes less than 5 minutes. Mine is stuck inside the seat post, so removing it and putting back isn't a big deal if needed. Less time than to replace a flat tire.

I had a personal mishap in Utah 70.3 where did lost my front derailler, cable snapped (mechanical group not di2) on the first big climb less than 2mi into the race. So I did the race with only 39 x 11... like Lionel I was spinning 100-110 rpm and costing the descends. Lost some time and fatigue my legs for the run, but still happy that I could finish the race. Did this prevent Lionel to ride sub 2h? Yes. it's a fast course even with those hills with his 55 front chainring would have help him to chop those 2 minutes.

The moral of this story buy a space di2 battery, have it full charged before leaving the country or to your next race. Have it on hand the morning of the race and be prepared to replace it.

Dude, it was a resort in Mexico, same voltage mains as the US. Second of all, the di2 is attached to the secondary of a power supply, an AC-to-DC power supply, which happen to have a shit ton of filters to aid with noise from mains, I'm sure that 5V voltage output was pretty clean.

This was most likely a wire getting damaged during travel and causing an intermittent short-circuit that eventually drained the battery.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders back with David Tilbury-Davis [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CementBottle wrote:
s13tx wrote:
Poldarn wrote:
vanchize wrote:
lyla wrote:

TOUCHE!!! His hobby is his job, and not a lot of people would take the risk to try to make a go of this. Talbot did and not only is he having some success at it, he's giving us fans a level of coverage unheard of a few short years ago.

I think my problem is I am confused if my hobby is tri or if its tech (now Cementbottle sees the tech side), so I am probably the only idiot to create an an entire tech company so that I can use that as an excuse to take a boondoggle to the Natural Energy Lab and time it so that I am there when Talbot is doing his gig on the likes of Sebi and Lionel!!!! But like Talbot most of us are too slow at the tri hobby to make it our job like Sebi, Lionel, Jan and crew....so we have to do something else (or squander time on ST.....slowman made that hobby of his into his job and like Zuckerberg, uses the rest of us to create content that we would banter with him about in a party, but instead we banter with each other on his website and he sells our content and the ensuing eyeballs to the likes of Normatec...).

OK back to DTD....what's Lionel's training plan looking like and is he confirmed for a fall IM like Cozumel (sorry if it has already been confirmed).
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders back with David Tilbury-Davis [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Dev

No fall IM he did Cabos 70.3 he is doing Indian Wells 70.3 challenges Daytona and pucon 70.3 in January. Than try to figure out his nutrition to have a successful IM spring/summer.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders back with David Tilbury-Davis [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CementBottle wrote:
Hey Dev

No fall IM he did Cabos 70.3 he is doing Indian Wells 70.3 challenges Daytona and pucon 70.3 in January. Than try to figure out his nutrition to have a successful IM spring/summer.

My no nothing opinion would be St George or Texas with December at the South American championships being an outsider. He’s done the St George half and been successful, so I’d gamble on that one.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply

Prev Next