Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Giant Advanced Pro 2 2020 [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am very interested in this as they are pretty much giving away e117 frames in Australia at the moment and considering I have most odd the running gear already I am really considering going this path if I can get it to fit.

Other option is the p2 but would I lose much going the argon framework as I could use the money saved to optimize further?

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Giant Advanced Pro 2 2020 [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an older Trinity (2013) and I found that it was very stable in strong winds and on climbs in the aero position. To me that is more important than some of the features or how it looks. I was in a race where a number of people crashed due to winds and most were having to sit up on the climbs where my Trinity's stability allowed me to remain on the aerobars (and off the asphalt), while increasing power during the climb.

I can add power meters or better components, but stability is something inherent in the bike itself. Giant knows how to make stable tri/TT bikes, making them a top choice in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: Giant Advanced Pro 2 2020 [vecchia capra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got the 2020 Advanced Pro model. What the data sheets on the giant site dont tell you is that the spacers now go up to 60mm. Also, since both the triathlon and TT stem are available, the pad stack has two different configurations. I believe the TT stem is lower by 20MM vs the traithlon stem. TT stem is flat while tri stem has a bump up.

My gripe is it is time consuming adjusting the risers.
Last edited by: Paulp: Nov 7, 19 1:45
Quote Reply
Re: Giant Advanced Pro 2 2020 [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have issues with the adjustability of the bars, you could see if its possible to swap in a set of bars from the Non-Pro model. They're more adjustable because they're not integrated. I'm not sure if its possible without completely swapping out the front end though.
Quote Reply
Re: Giant Advanced Pro 2 2020 [Sikedsyko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
late response but the cockpit for the pro version is customized and the pro version will not take in any of the usual cockpits from profile design etc.
Quote Reply

Prev Next