Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help: Old Ceepo part or Fabrication
Quote | Reply
I am looking for someone with a 2014 Ceepo Venom seatpost clamp.
I have contacted Ceepo, they do not carry this part anymore; I have contacted all the listed distributors; no one has it.

2014 was a rare year; the Venom still had the 2013 and older non-reversible seatpost but 2014 didn't use the wedge, it was a large red clamp. 2015 went to a different seatpost that was smaller and reversible.

I am looking for someone who has one of these lying around in a junk bin, maybe an old distributor... Or, if there is anyone who thinks they can assist with fabricating a clamp, I would love to hear from you!!

Hopefully this link works... 2 pics of my frame w/o clamp and 2 internet pics with the clamp.

https://1drv.ms/...8vAbPHVXVHR?e=t7hp67

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Quote Reply
Re: Help: Old Ceepo part or Fabrication [JoshL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck!!! My dealings with Ceepo have been, lets say, less than stellar. I have a 2011 Venom that delaminated at the seat post bolts, and one solution my LBS floated (after Ceepo told me it was my fault) was to fit the height as darn perfect as we could get it, and lay up some carbon fiber to make it a solid piece.

Anyway, good luck. Seems you might be able to fabricate something there? I have to ask, where did yours go? That doesn't seem like something that would come off and get lost.
Quote Reply
Re: Help: Old Ceepo part or Fabrication [djhuff7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
djhuff7 wrote:
Good luck!!! My dealings with Ceepo have been, lets say, less than stellar. I have a 2011 Venom that delaminated at the seat post bolts, and one solution my LBS floated (after Ceepo told me it was my fault) was to fit the height as darn perfect as we could get it, and lay up some carbon fiber to make it a solid piece.

Anyway, good luck. Seems you might be able to fabricate something there? I have to ask, where did yours go? That doesn't seem like something that would come off and get lost.

I picked it up from an ex Ceepo distributor... New old stock. They didn't have the clamp and didn't know why. They also reccomended fixing it with carbon.

My options in order of preference are: 1. find the actual clamp, 2. find a clamp from another bike that fits/works, 3. fabricate one, 4. try a hose clamp, or 5. fix it in with carbon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you go the hose clamp route, I would use 2 small ones in series, so you can tighten them from both sides and get an even pull front/back.
Quote Reply
Re: Help: Old Ceepo part or Fabrication [djhuff7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
djhuff7 wrote:
If you go the hose clamp route, I would use 2 small ones in series, so you can tighten them from both sides and get an even pull front/back.

Good tip... I will use 2 if I need to go this route!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No matter what the solution carbon grip paste is going to be your friend. That looks like an area I would not want to clamp hard on especially with a bodged clamp.
Quote Reply
Re: Help: Old Ceepo part or Fabrication [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scott8888 wrote:
No matter what the solution carbon grip paste is going to be your friend. That looks like an area I would not want to clamp hard on especially with a bodged clamp.

Thanks, I just researched carbon paste and I will definitely use it with any clamp option I use!

Still holding out hope that someone who has a leftover clamp will see this.
Quote Reply