Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Lionel Thread [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This guy has some pretty good insight to offer to Lionel. He made a similar vid this time last year after Kona. I'm not a coach so this guy could be talking out of his ass for all I know but it seems to make sense to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z_dDdH__7o
Quote Reply
Re: The Lionel Thread [rbd32] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL, that guy seems to not even have a clue of what he's talking about. Seems to me just another youtuber talking BS.

First saying that Ryf issue is that she went "over the top" with her preparation, really?? catching a stomach virus can happen to anyone at any time. If that didn't have happened she would have won easily.

Also saying that Lucy's issue is that she's not build like Daniela Ryf. But did he looked at this year's champion??? I'd bet she's even leaner than Lucy.

And he's probably right about few of the things he says about Lionel, but most of them anyone can notice and are well known since years ago. Like saying he doesn't have a good running technique, what a smart guy for noticing that, haha.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rbd32 wrote:
This guy has some pretty good insight to offer to Lionel. He made a similar vid this time last year after Kona. I'm not a coach so this guy could be talking out of his ass for all I know but it seems to make sense to me.

I saw his (Roy) video last year and also the latest one. I don't agree with all the stuff he's saying but good insight (aero position, endless pool, running form, eat normally, training partners, altitude training, swim in a group with real swimmers, stop racing/winning each workout, work with a physiologist (find your real limits), and so on)

and don't agree that he would be 30 minutes in front Frodeno! LOL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rbd32 wrote:

He's talking out of his ass...He's just a Youtuber looking for clicks..So he focuses on LS.

How could you take anyone seriously who offers training advice to someone they've never met.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: The Lionel Thread [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would say that Roy Hinnen has a little more authority than the “typical YouTuber”. He’s had a solid presence in multisport since the 80’s, and his book has pretty good content. He even got Mark Allen to write the foreword of his book which Mark Allen spoke highly of him, I do not believe that Mark Allen would do that for a “typical YouTuber”.

Regarding this video, one must realize that English is not his first language and that may make some viewers think that he is not a reliable source of information?? But many of his points are accurate.
Quote Reply
Re: The Lionel Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His position looked really good at Kona. Did anyone notice??
Quote Reply
Re: The Lionel Thread [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stringcheese wrote:
rbd32 wrote:

He's talking out of his ass...He's just a Youtuber looking for clicks..So he focuses on LS.

How could you take anyone seriously who offers training advice to someone they've never met.

Scary thing is I could actually see Lionel taking him up on his offer and visiting his wind tunnel LOL.
Quote Reply
Re: The Lionel Thread [kbd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kbd wrote:
I would say that Roy Hinnen has a little more authority than the “typical YouTuber”. He’s had a solid presence in multisport since the 80’s, and his book has pretty good content. He even got Mark Allen to write the foreword of his book which Mark Allen spoke highly of him, I do not believe that Mark Allen would do that for a “typical YouTuber”.

Regarding this video, one must realize that English is not his first language and that may make some viewers think that he is not a reliable source of information?? But many of his points are accurate.

"He must stop doing those videos", but wtf, I do my own ones. I can agree with most of the points ( I have no idea, I am not a coach), but pointing out some stuff like Lionel's wife...well,...sounded really stupid and childish. You can think it, but you dont tell it.
Having no idea about training, I would have told the same...everything is common sense. Well, he forgot to advise Lionel's wife to remove the basket from her bike. Looks little proffesional. LOL

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Last edited by: juanillo: Oct 22, 19 20:36
Quote Reply
Re: The Lionel Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can we at least rename this thread "THE Lionel thread" ala the Buckeyes.
Quote Reply

Prev Next