Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman, City of Coeur d'Alene negotiate bringing back 140.6 race in 2021 [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the 70.3 in 2018 and the water temp was in the low 60's (I think my 935 showed 63). Definitely made for an uncomfortable first several hundred meters but once acclimated the rest fo the swim was fine. In the grand scheme of things, I can't see this as a factor that would keep me from doing the race again. I'm a mediocre swimmer at best and I'd take a cold freshwater lake swim any day over an ocean swim.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman, City of Coeur d'Alene negotiate bringing back 140.6 race in 2021 [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
I think the contract with Penticton stated Ironman couldn't put another race in that region within a certain time window so makes sense it has to be in June.

I seem to recall that exclusivity thing only being specific to western Canadian races (i.e. no Whistler).

Washington and Idaho were included as well.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman, City of Coeur d'Alene negotiate bringing back 140.6 race in 2021 [HaydenHunter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Racing the 70.3 in 2020, assuming I like it, I would definitely sign up for the full in '21

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman, City of Coeur d'Alene negotiate bringing back 140.6 race in 2021 [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
A lot of people seem to love that race. Is the course really nice or is it just a nice location? Or both?

I did it in 2004 and loved it; beautiful location, challenging bike course and good community support.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman, City of Coeur d'Alene negotiate bringing back 140.6 race in 2021 [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope it comes back in 2021. Then I just have to decide if I’m ready for another full distance then.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman, City of Coeur d'Alene negotiate bringing back 140.6 race in 2021 [HaydenHunter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Under the proposal, the city and Ironman will finish their current contract with the half-race next year. Coeur d’Alene will then enter into a rotating schedule with St. George, Utah, and a still-to-be-determined Pacific Northwest venue, Bachtel-Browning said. Those three cities would, presumably, continue to rotate. St. George will offer the full race in 2020 before Coeur d’Alene takes the full course in 2021.

Any substantial rumors on where the Pacific Northwest venue may be?
Quote Reply

Prev Next