Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Making coffee while traveling.
Quote | Reply
Before leaving for a three week Eurotrip to the ITU Worlds Triathlon (Lausanne) and Duathlon (Zofingen) championships, I frantically searched for a good coffee maker to take with me on a trip. Lots of great suggestions came out of the previous morning coffee discussion such as getting a portable electric kettle and a manual grinder.

I wanted to keep the coffee setup as portable and as light as possible. After some research I bought the Cafflano Klassic and used it for the entire three weeks. Every morning I would grind beans and pour a fresh cup, while traveling across Switzerland, France and Germany. It worked well, but definitely required some willpower and patience to grind the beans. But the pour over coffee was reliably great and way better than Americano's I've tried at local coffee shops.

Here is my review of the Cafflano Klassic after 3 weeks of using it:
https://www.cake.co/...-traveled-with-it-fo

Took this shot before grinding morning coffee on a window porch in Zofingen:

Having my own small electric kettle turned out to be much better than I anticipated. It was faster to boil water and easier to pour from it.

Have I missed a good alternative pour over coffee maker?
Quote Reply
Re: Making coffee while traveling. [Vilen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All I can say on that is when I went to Spain this past spring for ITU World's, the coffee was unlike anything we have here--no way could I bring my own and expect to match how good the coffee was there. The European coffee is so awesome that here in the US, we really don't know what we are missing. Europe takes coffee to a whole new level IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: Making coffee while traveling. [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It´s never "just" a Cafe con Leche...... takes me back to my time living is Spain yum yum

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It really depends on the kind of coffee drink:

Espressos, lattes and cappuccinos are just as good if not better than what artisanal coffee shops here in the US make. However, pour over and drip coffee lag behind in my opinion. In fact, when I asked for a pour over in a few coffee shops in Switzerland they had no idea what it was.

I do concur that lattes and cappuccinos I've had on a separate trip in Italy are top notch. I'm glad Italian's passion for for great coffee spread all the way to us here in the states. Without them, we'll be stuck drinking tea ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With the exception of Italy an Vienna. I have to disagree with everything you are saying.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
All I can say on that is when I went to Spain this past spring for ITU World's, the coffee was unlike anything we have here--no way could I bring my own and expect to match how good the coffee was there. The European coffee is so awesome that here in the US, we really don't know what we are missing. Europe takes coffee to a whole new level IMO.

We have made five trips to Europe in the last six years and I approve the above statement.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Making coffee while traveling. [tilburs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is awesome. I spent two months in Malaga, brings back memories thanks.

tilburs wrote:
It´s never "just" a Cafe con Leche...... takes me back to my time living is Spain yum yum

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply