Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: School me on indoor training with a smart trainer [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are basically 3 levels I would describe:
1) self coached - use 4 DP and ride the workouts per your own plan (some people are really good at this!)
2) Use one of the many many stock plans, including triathlon specific plans with varying hours a week, some include strength training as well.
3) Do a semi custom or custom plan, you pay for the Sufferfest to modify / develop a plan that fits your hours a week, days off and training goals.

I’ve had 3 custom plans because my life is so crazy, it has really helped me focus on the training, and I only have 6 ish hours a week to train. I’ve also used the stock plans a couple times to great effect (when my life was a little more predictable).

The most valuable part for me is that because of the 4DP test, the workouts I do I know will challenge me and I will improve without them being ridiculously easy or too hard and thus demotivating.

Hope that helps!
Quote Reply
Re: School me on indoor training with a smart trainer [lchutny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most of these platforms will do a period of time to trial them. Give each a go over a few weeks and see how you go. You will get a free zwift month with the Suito. Elite also have their own software and Video riding which might be good enough for you.

I use Traineroad and have do for 4 years. I added zwift last year for about 6 months but I much prefer the more data driven look of TR. I run the software on an iPad and have TDF videos running on the flat screen in my pain cave.

Following a training plan really helps for me, I get home from work get changed and jump on the trainer, just ride what's in from of me without really thinking too much.

They have added a few really nice features over the past 12 months.

I tried Bkool app but wasn't keen on that.

Never tried sufferfest.
Quote Reply

Prev Next