Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 20-30 min bike or 20-30 min run....which one [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I was not able to run or ride, when the road, I just did weights and body weight exercises, or use an elliptical. Now that I can run again, I'll just run and give my upper body a break
Quote Reply
Re: 20-30 min bike or 20-30 min run....which one [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
When I was not able to run or ride, when the road, I just did weights and body weight exercises, or use an elliptical. Now that I can run again, I'll just run and give my upper body a break

What, no Stretch Cords??? Blasphemy!!! Pablo Morales did a 60 min Cords workout before his second 2-hr swim workout of the day every afternoon, i.e., training 5 hr/day. This was in his his build-up to the '92 Oly. And Sheila T says in her book "Swimming Speed Secrets" that she did a mental and physical rehearsal of her 200 free every night in the lead-up to the '96 Trials. She worked the Cords at her race pace turnover rate in her dorm room every night.

I do understand though the need to give the upper body a break every now and then. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: 20-30 min bike or 20-30 min run....which one [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

What, no Stretch Cords??? Blasphemy!!! Pablo Morales did a 60 min Cords workout before his second 2-hr swim workout of the day every afternoon, i.e., training 5 hr/day. This was in his his build-up to the '92 Oly. And Sheila T says in her book "Swimming Speed Secrets" that she did a mental and physical rehearsal of her 200 free every night in the lead-up to the '96 Trials. She worked the Cords at her race pace turnover rate in her dorm room every night.

I do understand though the need to give the upper body a break every now and then. :)

I guess I need to get on it. Maybe you can post a link. I can keep some in my office for 15 minutes here and there.
Quote Reply
Re: 20-30 min bike or 20-30 min run....which one [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

What, no Stretch Cords??? Blasphemy!!! Pablo Morales did a 60 min Cords workout before his second 2-hr swim workout of the day every afternoon, i.e., training 5 hr/day. This was in his build-up to the '92 Oly. And Sheila T says in her book "Swimming Speed Secrets" that she did a mental and physical rehearsal of her 200 free every night in the lead-up to the '96 Trials. She worked the Cords at her race pace turnover rate in her dorm room every night.

I guess I need to get on it. Maybe you can post a link. I can keep some in my office for 15 minutes here and there.

Dev - Here you go. I have a pair of the blue cords with paddles. The blue cords are the "heavyweight" version. :)

https://www.swimoutlet.com/...s-15909/?color=29378

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Last edited by: ericmulk: Oct 6, 19 10:10
Quote Reply

Prev Next