Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

eTap HRD wrenching question
Quote | Reply
Im doing a build with eTap HRD, my first time working with hydraulic brakes. The calipers arrive connected to the shifters, which you obviously need to disassemble to route the hose through a frame. I have disconnected the hose from the shifter, but how do you remove the compression fitting and compression nut? Mine seem to be pretty stuck, and I would rather not cut the hose if I don't absolutely have to.
Quote Reply
Re: eTap HRD wrenching question [bazilbrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it’s the newer red compression fitting at the end of the hose, that fitting is reverse threaded on. After removing that, the compression nut can be removed.

I always wondered whether or not the insert that’s screwed into the end of the hose is reusable or if that needs to be replaced every time the hose is disconnected.
Quote Reply
Re: eTap HRD wrenching question [hayai_240] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah that is the bit I’m talking about. The red colored metal compression piece that is reverse threaded. So it sounds like you are saying that it does come off (because I cannot get it off). Is that also reusable? I figure it should be as I haven’t even used these things yet, they are new out of the box.

The insert that goes into the hose, I’m hoping I don’t need to touch that as I don’t want the get any air into the brake lines. Also I don’t need To remove that to thread the frame as it doesn’t make the hose any larger.
Quote Reply