Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pools in Washington DC / Virginia
Quote | Reply
Any lap pool options for a traveler around DC and/or Alexandria VA area? (OWS option also?)
Flying into Ronald Reagan Airport and staying in NorthEast Alexandria / Westover area for a days and possibly a night or two in DC.
First time on the East coast also (I plan on a 3mi run around the National Mall unless there are better options)
thxs!
Quote Reply
Re: Pools in Washington DC / Virginia [Tritops] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tritops wrote:
Any lap pool options for a traveler around DC and/or Alexandria VA area? (OWS option also?)
Flying into Ronald Reagan Airport and staying in NorthEast Alexandria / Westover area for a days and possibly a night or two in DC.
First time on the East coast also (I plan on a 3mi run around the National Mall unless there are better options)
thxs!

No public OWS opportunities within a 90 minute drive. Closest pool for that area will be the Alexandria YMCA, but I have never swum there so I have no insights. The Chinquapin pool is not too far from there and is 8 lanes/25 meters.

You'll be very close to the Mount Vernon Trail for a run which is also a great place to run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are close to the National Mall, then you could possibly check out the GW University rec center. That's really close. I don't know if they do day passes, but you could ask. American University, too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Washington Lee high school pool in Clarendon is super nice and quite affordable

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Pools in Washington DC / Virginia [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Washington Lee is also closed through Sept 15 for maintenance work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wakefield Aquatic Center in Arlington and Mt Vernon in Alexandria would both be the closest options likely. Wakefield is very nice and usually relatively uncrowded (will be worse in the next couple weeks with Washington-Lee closed.
Quote Reply