Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Steve King - WTF??? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could have been 46 and 45.9........i would not care. I'd thank the people who voted for change
Quote Reply
Re: Steve King - WTF??? [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Could have been 46 and 45.9........i would not care. I'd thank the people who voted for change
Did they really vote for change? Have you looked at who won? The winner was saying that King is useless because he can't help trump build the wall faster.
Quote Reply
Re: Steve King - WTF??? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:

Did they really vote for change? Have you looked at who won? The winner was saying that King is useless because he can't help trump build the wall faster.
Yep. He is a Trump fan unfortunately. And the GOP in Iowa said they weren't backing King because they knew he would likely lose in the general in November. This makes it much harder for the D running against him.
Quote Reply
Re: Steve King - WTF??? [crowny2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
crowny2 wrote:
In my best Hawk Harrelson voice " He gone".

https://www.reuters.com/...rimary-idUSKBN2391A8

The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice. Martin L. King, Jr

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
crowny2 wrote:

Yep. He is a Trump fan unfortunately. And the GOP in Iowa said they weren't backing King because they knew he would likely lose in the general in November. This makes it much harder for the D running against him.

That's still a preferable outcome to me.

I can't do the mental gymnastics to hope that King wins a primary in order promote him as a weaker candidate in the general.

He just needs to be gone. I'll take the general election battle against a ballwasher who's at least not overtly racist.
Last edited by: trail: Jun 3, 20 8:25
Quote Reply
Re: Steve King - WTF??? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
crowny2 wrote:

That's still a preferable outcome to me.

I can't do the mental gymnastics to hope that King wins a primary in order promote him as a weaker candidate in the general.

He just needs to be gone. I'll take the general election battle against a ballwasher who's at least not overtly racist.

No he just likely keeps his racism private.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
crowny2 wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:

My response is actually to both of you:

Is there a conservative platform that can be had without bigotry? I don't know the answer to that, but feel/hope there is one. I also sort of remember those folks, sort of a Jack Kemp kind of feel on the right. But maybe I am just reminiscing.

The problem as I see it is that folks have been turning a blind eye to bigotry for so long in response to their desire to gain power or because they agree with it. It slowly crept further and further into the mix until it became a central tenet of the ideology.

I can see someone being super nationalistic and wanting to ban everyone from coming in or heavily regulate it without specifying that Nigeria and Mexico are dumps and their citizens blocked, while citizens from Russia and Norway should be able to come freely.

Would be interested in both of your thoughts.
Quote Reply
Re: Steve King - WTF??? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
trail wrote:

No he just likely keeps his racism private.

Yeah, that's why I used the term "overtly" instead of just racist.

I think that's important, though. Letting racism out in the open, and into acceptable mainstream behavior is bad.

Trump's non-intervention in this primary race is telling. But even Trump's dog-whistle racism is better than King's flat-out white supremacy.
Quote Reply
Re: Steve King - WTF??? [Tri2gohard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri2gohard wrote:
crowny2 wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:

My response is actually to both of you:

Is there a conservative platform that can be had without bigotry? I don't know the answer to that, but feel/hope there is one. I also sort of remember those folks, sort of a Jack Kemp kind of feel on the right. But maybe I am just reminiscing.

The problem as I see it is that folks have been turning a blind eye to bigotry for so long in response to their desire to gain power or because they agree with it. It slowly crept further and further into the mix until it became a central tenet of the ideology.

I can see someone being super nationalistic and wanting to ban everyone from coming in or heavily regulate it without specifying that Nigeria and Mexico are dumps and their citizens blocked, while citizens from Russia and Norway should be able to come freely.

Would be interested in both of your thoughts.

I'm not certain I can answer that question. What I can say is that my father is fairly conservative but always registered independent, told me during the 2016 election that he doesn't recognize the RNC anymore and can't in good conscience vote for them anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: Steve King - WTF??? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
9 times elected, avowed white supremacist only lost the Republican primary 46 - 36

To be fair, once he pointed out that if you were voting for his opponent, "You ain't white", that got him a good 30 points.
Quote Reply
Re: Steve King - WTF??? [Cavechild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cavechild wrote:
To be fair, once he pointed out that if you were voting for his opponent, "You ain't white", that got him a good 30 points.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the words of Maine's Steven King
https://twitter.com/.../1268184268355899393

"I am the last Steve King standing"
Quote Reply
Re: Steve King - WTF??? [Tri2gohard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri2gohard wrote:
Is there a conservative platform that can be had without bigotry.

joe scarborough, george will, david jolly, george conway, steve schmidt, jennifer rubin, michael gerson, david brooks, max boot, jeff flake, mitt romney, russ douthat, bill kristol, nicolle wallace, michael steele, s.e. cupp, david gergen. off the top of my head.

racism isn't part of the platform. it's part of the coalition. it was part of the democratic coalition until 1965.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Steve King - WTF??? [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the spirit of awesome tweets on his defeat:

Quote:
Steve King continues to honor the Confederacy by getting just destroyed on his home turf

https://twitter.com/.../1268007868919246848

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Steve King - WTF??? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Tri2gohard wrote:
Is there a conservative platform that can be had without bigotry.

joe scarborough, george will, david jolly, george conway, steve schmidt, jennifer rubin, michael gerson, david brooks, max boot, jeff flake, mitt romney, russ douthat, bill kristol, nicolle wallace, michael steele, s.e. cupp, david gergen. off the top of my head.

racism isn't part of the platform. it's part of the coalition. it was part of the democratic coalition until 1965.

They all gave it a wink and a nod though until it went full klan, right?
Quote Reply
Re: Steve King - WTF??? [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
In the spirit of awesome tweets on his defeat:

Quote:

Steve King continues to honor the Confederacy by getting just destroyed on his home turf

https://twitter.com/.../1268007868919246848

Maybe he thought being a racist loser is the only way to get a statue made of yourself?

Also, when is his show on Fox News going to be?
Quote Reply

Prev Next