Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

App for TP workouts similar to Trainerroad?
Quote | Reply
Hey guys!

I really love the TR app. Going forward I'm going with a coach though who'll give me planned workouts. He would plan it for TR as well but paying TR just for the app might seem unreasonable.

So is there an app (Android or Garmin Edge or maybe iPad) which has the following features:
* Importing Training Peaks workouts
* Power meter support
* Erg mode with power match as in TR (my trainer is quite off compared to my power meter)
* Really love the percentage up/down in TR to make the workout easier/harder any time. So that would be nice, especially for erg mode which is what I use mostly for structured rides

Thanks for any help!
Quote Reply
Re: App for TP workouts similar to Trainerroad? [cmart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Following - I use TR in the off season just for the ability to download TP workouts and control my trainer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmart wrote:
Hey guys!

I really love the TR app. Going forward I'm going with a coach though who'll give me planned workouts. He would plan it for TR as well but paying TR just for the app might seem unreasonable.

So is there an app (Android or Garmin Edge or maybe iPad) which has the following features:
* Importing Training Peaks workouts
* Power meter support
* Erg mode with power match as in TR (my trainer is quite off compared to my power meter)
* Really love the percentage up/down in TR to make the workout easier/harder any time. So that would be nice, especially for erg mode which is what I use mostly for structured rides

Thanks for any help!

I don’t know of an app that will provide this functionality. Most apps are subscription based too.

PerfPro Studio will provide everything you listed for a one time fee, but it only runs on a PC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you thought of having your coach choose workouts on Ergdb.org? Your coach can select the workout and then you can sync it to TP from your Garmin or Wahoo device. I agree with the previous poster that you won't find ALL the functionality in another app. There are apps like Xert that may get you some of the way there but if you really need all the functionality you better stick with TR.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zwift
Quote Reply
Re: App for TP workouts similar to Trainerroad? [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh and most bike computers, at least new ones will do it. probably watches too.
Quote Reply
Re: App for TP workouts similar to Trainerroad? [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cookiebuilder wrote:
zwift

Really? Does it have all those features? Also regulating intensity up/down?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Golden Cheetah is free and offers all of the features. It takes some fiddling to get it going though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With a free Training Peaks account you can build your workout and export as a fit, zwo, erg or mrc file

https://help.trainingpeaks.com/...rticles/115000325647

There appears to be a garmin connect IQ app but I haven't used it
Quote Reply
Re: App for TP workouts similar to Trainerroad? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
With a free Training Peaks account you can build your workout and export as a fit, zwo, erg or mrc file

Yes you can. There's also a TrainingPeaks app so that you don't have to export it manually.
The Edge workout app would be totally fine but doesn't support Power Match as far as I remember and also doesn't allow to turn intensity up/down in ERG mode
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I kept reading TR as TP in your post and thought you may have been paying for TP while the option is available in the free version.

Carry on...Nothing to see here :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumping this for a second try.

Still in search for an app that does all of these things in the original post
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As someone else mentioned, you can do this in Zwift so that your TP scheduled workouts are pushed to your zwift account. You can do zwift workouts in erg mode and also vary the intensity during a ride +/- 10%

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why don't you just use your Garmin and power meter? Sync training Peak workouts to your Garmin and use it. No need for anything else, turn off Erg mode and just use your bike power meter.
Quote Reply
Re: App for TP workouts similar to Trainerroad? [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
As someone else mentioned, you can do this in Zwift so that your TP scheduled workouts are pushed to your zwift account. You can do zwift workouts in erg mode and also vary the intensity during a ride +/- 10%

That info with the intensity regulation was missing, thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: App for TP workouts similar to Trainerroad? [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClarkWGriz wrote:
Why don't you just use your Garmin and power meter? Sync training Peak workouts to your Garmin and use it. No need for anything else, turn off Erg mode and just use your bike power meter.

I'd love to use erg mode though. But yeah, maybe still the best option without having to buy any app additionally
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmart wrote:
jaretj wrote:

Yes you can. There's also a TrainingPeaks app so that you don't have to export it manually.
The Edge workout app would be totally fine but doesn't support Power Match as far as I remember and also doesn't allow to turn intensity up/down in ERG mode

only partly correct. The edge workout:
a. Can be fed with a TP workout through connectIQ,
b. Will not do power match
c. Can show you the power number from your power meter rather than from the trainer
d. You can adjust target power in ERG mode during a workout.
Quote Reply