Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is this a 'thing'?
Quote | Reply
Don't people have better things to do with their time? Or is this really a cry for help?

In something like a modern spin on the traditional pen pal, people are texting the phone numbers that are identical to their own, with one key difference: The last digit is either one up or down from theirs. That's a "number neighbor."

https://www.cnn.com/...o7N3NzwuQN6A-rS1B-j8
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a 'thing'? [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I caught part of something on the radio the other day, but couldn't make sense of it. Now I know. I'll ask my kids, that's the only way to know if it is a thing or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I saw this on twitter. Is it much different than talking politics and other random crap with a bunch of former three sport stars and me?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd get my wife one way, no idea who is the other way.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine got a text like this. Stupid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
News to me but I will say I plugged in a new friends cell # into my phone last week, shot him a text while sitting there so he had my number, response simply said "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU". Turns out I plugged the number in wrong.

....but also maybe that harsh response was because pretty much all the digits were more than 1 off from mine...definitely not a "number neighbor".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stupid.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a 'thing'? [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sent vacation pics to a guy who had my friend’s number from 20 years ago by mistake.

The guy seemed to really like seeing our kids hiking - got all reminiscent about when his kids were little.

That said number neighbor is weird.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
Don't people have better things to do with their time? Or is this really a cry for help?

In something like a modern spin on the traditional pen pal, people are texting the phone numbers that are identical to their own, with one key difference: The last digit is either one up or down from theirs. That's a "number neighbor."

https://www.cnn.com/...o7N3NzwuQN6A-rS1B-j8

For about a week I got texts from a group chat of someone’s work. Seemed like a pipeline crew. I asked politely to be removed. When that didn’t work I started sending them photos from the google machine. “old man balls” really gets you removed from a chat quickly.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was sitting at lunch with a buddy yesterday and he got a number neighbor text. We thought it was a scam and blocked it. Didn't know it was a "thing".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a number neighbor of 1 ... that's a large, large epsilon

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had a few Facebook friend requests from people with the same name as me.
It is a splendid name, but agreeing on that is a short conversation with someone I have nothing else in common with.
So eff off, Bone 2 (& 3, 4, 5) and talk to your real friends.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eskimo brother > number neighbor
Quote Reply