Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ignoring the Train Gate
Quote | Reply
Saw an asshole do it with a car last night anf as asshole do it this morning. How fucking impatient can you be. Worst part is if either of these mental midgets got clipped by the train, in addition to them dying, I'd be delayed since the train isn't going anywhere. Just inconsiderate dickheads
Quote Reply
Re: Ignoring the Train Gate [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see people do it several times a week here. It seems to be local past time for kids on bikes, pedestrians, and motorcycles, as well as the occasional car.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a feeling that this problem will solve itself soon enough.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roughly 2000 level grade crossing collisions every year and 260 people killed during recent years. That's actually an improvement from what it was 20-30 years ago. Stupid people.

https://oli.org/about-us/news/collisions-casulties

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stopping at a train gate is just a suggestion. Why do you hate personal freedom?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Ignoring the Train Gate [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
Roughly 2000 level grade crossing collisions every year and 260 people killed during recent years. That's actually an improvement from what it was 20-30 years ago. Stupid people.

https://oli.org/about-us/news/collisions-casulties

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Aug 7, 19 9:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many times I have been at a railroad crossing where the train comes by and slows to a walking pace, stops or even goes backwards a little bit. I have sat with other cars for 15-20 minutes waiting for the train to start moving again. So I get being impatient, but jumping the gate is just Stupid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trains are cuck beta liberal hippy commie pansy mobiles. Why do you hate America?

windywave wrote:
Saw an asshole do it with a car last night anf as asshole do it this morning. How fucking impatient can you be. Worst part is if either of these mental midgets got clipped by the train, in addition to them dying, I'd be delayed since the train isn't going anywhere. Just inconsiderate dickheads

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Ignoring the Train Gate [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
Many times I have been at a railroad crossing where the train comes by and slows to a walking pace, stops or even goes backwards a little bit. I have sat with other cars for 15-20 minutes waiting for the train to start moving again. So I get being impatient, but jumping the gate is just Stupid.

It's a commuter line the max wait is 2 minutes. It's idiots trying to catch the train (the next one is 11 minutes later) or just don't want to wait in the case of the car
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happened just last week where I live. My wife was waiting for the train on the platform about 100 yards from where the CAR HIT THE TRAIN. You read that right. The train was coming, the driver pulled around the barrier, the train was already in front of the car when the car impacted the train. The momentum and mass of the train flung the car about 30 feet into a utility pole. Driver killed instantly.

The driver drove into the locomotive, rather than the locomotive hitting the car trying to cross the tracks.

Doesn't seem like suicide, but that is possible. Probably just in a hurry, looking at phone, pulled around the barrier, and met their fate.

The people on the Platform didn't even know what happened since the car impacted the train on the opposite side. The train just stopped as soon as they could and sat there. Finally, someone walked down and ask what was going on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perfectly safe if the train is stopped:

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Re: Ignoring the Train Gate [sslothrop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Design issue. I think having barriers that only block half the road, is like an invitation saying, "come through this way".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
AndysStrongAle wrote:

It's a commuter line the max wait is 2 minutes. It's idiots trying to catch the train (the next one is 11 minutes later) or just don't want to wait in the case of the car

I went to a job fair back in college. It was downtown NYC so I took the train (LIRR), on the way home the train was stopped because a kid was spray painting in one of the tunnels and got hit. Delayed my trip home by 2 hours. That pretty much ended my idea of working downtown and taking the train in.

Next day newspapers had articles about the parents and friend saying how much of an inspiring artist he was, good kid and the start of a great artistic career. I just wanted to yell at the paper "He was painting public property, he knew the train came every 15-20 minutes, how could his parents and friends let him do this!".

Weirdest part is when my train was going by there were people walking the tracks with flashlights, I assume looking for 'pieces'.
Quote Reply