Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sensor Placement? [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Mike wrote:
Steve Hawley wrote:
yes

savage 10BA Stealth. It's an 'entry level' PR. Guys i work with are the real deal. I'm just messing around here. it's 308 as i intend to do more than just punch holes in paper come deer season. Bolt is open as I'm letting things cool down between shots.

/r

Oh dear. You're dangerously close to becoming a crusty old relic like me.

All the cool kids have ditched .308 for 6.5 Creedmoor these days. :-)

In some circles, it's referred to as the 6.5 man bun. If you're comfortable with standing on the porch and yelling at kids to get off your yard, then you just keep on shooting the .308.

-------------
"Life is fragile - we are all just a slip or a car crash away from being a very different person."
Quote Reply
Re: Sensor Placement? [drew_235] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I honestly think most of these 6.5CM guys have never heard a chainsaw started in anger.

r

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Sensor Placement? [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you, MOP_Mike, and GreenPlease school me on suppressors/cans?

I've got a few MSR's in 5.56, a pair of .223 varmint rifles (tikka and savage, the savage is threaded), a 6.5CM for hunting, and I'm longing for a 6.5CM target/varmint rifle for poking more holes in paper (either a tikka varmint or CTR). Is there any really good reason to not simply purchase a single .30 cal can? Who makes a good one? (e.g. what is the Cervelo P2C of suppressors?) I know this would be a class 3 NFA item that requires 6 - 9 months for processing, but beyond that I am largely ignorant. I just want to shoot more quietly when chasing prairie dogs, shoot more accurately at the range, and reduce the noise. Please guide me, Lavender Room sages.

-------------
"Life is fragile - we are all just a slip or a car crash away from being a very different person."
Quote Reply
Re: Sensor Placement? [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reminds of the gun I had as a kid.

Quote Reply
Re: Sensor Placement? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Reminds of the gun I had as a kid.

Standard issue Canadian infantry weapon?
Quote Reply

Prev Next