Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

CT users, please help!
Quote | Reply
After finally being able to obtain a USB to serial adaptor I connected my lap top to my CT this morning, however when I got to the Race Now window I could not start the race. Hopefully one of you guys can help me out.

Working from the 3D software users guide I confirmed the settings as outlined for the USB to serial adaptor. As I will be using the CT from one rider and on 3D only I ignored the "testing for installed components" section and went on to enter my rider information and selected the Wildflower course, selected scene and Race now. Whilst the race screen loaded I attached my HRM and got a reading on the handlebar display but not the 3D display (I didn't get a RPM reading as I had not connected the cadence unit as I have difficulty mounting it without fouling the crank arm or wheel, and already have that reading from my Cateye comp). I also did not get PRO to appear on the handlebar mounted unit as it is suggested, should occur, in the user guide.

Can anyone help me solve this please? I really need to get this sorted and working.

Here's hoping, you fellow CTers can help.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: CT users, please help! [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
since you used a laptop maybe it's not powerful enough? i think the 3d option needs AGP video. you have to use the "check installed components" feature to find out if your system is powerful enough. also, you have to use the cadence option otherwise the spinscan won't work. you'll be wasting your money pal. i don't know why you're having a hard time...just use some ingenuity with velcro, loc-tite, and magnets.

Kim
Quote Reply
Re: CT users, please help! [dockimpoy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Kim, I will have to load the PC1 software and see, I would be surprised if my laptop is not powerful enough, its a P4 2.66 Ghz processor with 246 Mb of RAM. As regards the cadence sensor I intend to use it and the spinscan function extensively but am having trouble mounting it on both my Kestrel and my cyclo-cross bike, must try harder!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
     Did you make sure you have the right port connected on the options menu?
Quote Reply
Re: CT users, please help! [Jon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excuse my ignorance, Jon, but where can I check that? & do you mean the right side port or correct port?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It sounds like you might not have the correct port selected (it's in the bottom right corner of the options dialog.)

You might want to ask about this on the yahoo computrainer group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/computrainer/
Last edited by: markr14850: Feb 1, 04 8:29
Quote Reply
Re: CT users, please help! [markr14850] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the hint Mark. I will try that forum if I have no joy with those two suggestions. I appreciate the spinscan is a very valuable function (and one I intend making use of) but could the fact that it is currently unconnected be a cause of this? My guess is not.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
> but could the fact that it is currently unconnected be a cause of this?

Nope.

When the 3D software is talking to the handlebar controller, "PRO" should be displaying on the controller. If it isn't, then the communication isn't working. It's got to be a wrong port setting / incompatible USB adaptor / bad cable / OS driver kind of thing.

Is this CT brand new?

You might also try emailing the computrainer customer support people. I've heard that they are very helpful.

--Mark
Quote Reply
Re: CT users, please help! [markr14850] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It's got to be a wrong port setting / incompatible USB adaptor / bad cable / OS driver kind of thing.

You might also try emailing the computrainer customer support people. I've heard that they are very helpful.

--Mark

CT customer support people MAY Be very helpful, but with your earlier suggestion I am now up and riding! It was a wrong port setting, as you suggested. Now I have to get the cadence sensor adjusted to work properly and create the Ironman Brazil course!

Thanks for your help, Mark.

Quote Reply