Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: North Korea, I don't get it [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:
Using this logic, Mexico is about to pay for the wall.

Well, Mexico did eventually agree to a deal that is better for the US.

Trump said that Mexico was literally going to pay for the wall. They were going to cut him a cheque.

Trump said he would threaten to change a rule under the USA Patriot Act antiterrorism law to cut off a portion of the funds sent to Mexico through money transfers, commonly known as remittances. The threat would be withdrawn if Mexico made “a one-time payment of $5-10 billion” to pay for the border wall, he wrote.

You are aware that that didn't happen, right? You are aware that he is taking money away from military projects instead, right?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: North Korea, I don't get it [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm confused as well. I have heard people bitch about Military spending. So he reallocates some funding for something else and they complain about that. I'm not sure which I should be upset about now. Help a brother out?
Quote Reply
Re: North Korea, I don't get it [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
I'm confused as well. I have heard people bitch about Military spending. So he reallocates some funding for something else and they complain about that. I'm not sure which I should be upset about now. Help a brother out?

Cut both?

Quote Reply
Re: North Korea, I don't get it [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you all are missing the bigger strategic picture. You need to start thinking like a global leader, like the President of a major Superpower.

The real question is:

Will all this falling in love with Kim Jong Un lead to good real estate deals in North Korea, and/or can Ivanka's clothing line manufacturing get access to cheap labor at the political prison camps?

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL! Love that movie! hahaha!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To answer you seriously, I am firmly in the camp of "military budget is way the fuck too high". But were I a pro military conservative type, then I should be rightly pissed off that T-Rump is taking military money to fund his stupid wall that HE LITERALLY SAID MEXICO WOULD CUT HIM A CHECK FOR!!!

I know, I know, don't take the president literally. I am so glad that we don't have to take the fuckstick in chief literally, except for when we do have to take him literally which is sometimes but not always and definitely not in this instance at least for today anyway.

I am so confused.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in the camp if your gonna cut the military, please use it for a more worth while project other than the stupid wall. Otherwise leave the funding alone. Also I thought the military was onboard with this cut.. the money was just sitting there... not sure on that tho and too lazy to look it up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah so cut the money entirely.

Fuck and some people complained about Obama’s spending habits.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
I am in the camp if your gonna cut the military, please use it for a more worth while project other than the stupid wall. Otherwise leave the funding alone. Also I thought the military was onboard with this cut.. the money was just sitting there... not sure on that tho and too lazy to look it up.
The money wasn't "just sitting there". Congress had designated funds for military construction, everything from building new day care centers to repairing buildings damaged by hurricanes and floods. Cancelling/delaying these construction projects is going to impact the military and their ability to perform their missions. I wouldn't say the military was "onboard with this cut". More like they were told to do it and they're following orders.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: North Korea, I don't get it [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
That would be a great pic, Obama kissing Kim's hand.

It would but of course that didn't happen, imagine the outrage.

Now we have Trump doing exactly the same thing but that's okay?

Yeah I don't understand why if when Obama did it wasn't OK, why it's OK now that Trump is doing it?

Not to mention in almost all of these sorts of comparisons, what Obama did was typically a drop in the bucket compared to whatever it is Trump is doing. So we have Obama's apology tour vs. Trump fawning over some of the worst leaders in the world who hold values directly antithetical to those of western liberal democracies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:

Yes the money was there but construction projects were not yet ready to obligate and contract. Milcon projects lost the money and it then went for the wall and now those still valid projects require more monies to be appropriated from congress in order to complete the buildings. Not yet a done deal with House democrats whether the military will get those monies restored. Our National emergency on the border is of prime concern? You betcha! (pink)

About North Korea and the thread topic. Talks are to start back up on Saturday. Whooopeee! No progress will be made as the staffers will assert all the old demands and the 2 leaders will continue their mutual lovefest,not for each other, but rather their lovefest of their own megalomania.
Last edited by: gofigure: Oct 2, 19 7:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
To answer you seriously, I am firmly in the camp of "military budget is way the fuck too high". But were I a pro military conservative type, then I should be rightly pissed off that T-Rump is taking military money to fund his stupid wall that HE LITERALLY SAID MEXICO WOULD CUT HIM A CHECK FOR!!!

I know, I know, don't take the president literally. I am so glad that we don't have to take the fuckstick in chief literally, except for when we do have to take him literally which is sometimes but not always and definitely not in this instance at least for today anyway.

I am so confused.

It's literally the moron's equivalent of 1984 doublethink. Literally. Middle or high school literature 101.

"Oh, you're taking him too literally. He didn't mean that because it would exonerate him of crimes."
"Oh, no, he did mean that though because it would make him look strong in supporting 'Murica."
Quote Reply
Re: North Korea, I don't get it [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:

Yes the money was there but construction projects were not yet ready to obligate and contract. Projects lost the money for wall and now require more monies to be appropriated from congress in order to complete the buildings. Not yet a done deal with House democrats whether the military will get those monies restored. Our National emergency on the border is of prime concern? You betcha!

About North Korea and the thread topic. Talks are to start back up on Saturday. Whooopeee! No progress will be made as the staffers will assert all the old demands and the 2 leaders will continue their mutual lovefest,not for each other, but rather their lovefest of their own megalomania.

Russian chatbot. Once again forgetting "the."
Quote Reply
Re: North Korea, I don't get it [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I went back in and edited. Thanks for clerical assist.
Quote Reply

Prev Next