Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Boys - Prime Video
Quote | Reply
Won't try and do a synopsis, you can google it. Solid watching. Super, super violent (watching in 4k is almost gross at times) story about a bunch of anti-heroes.
Quote Reply
Re: The Boys - Prime Video [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was going to post similar. I'm at episode 7 I think.

Pretty cool take on the superhero thing.

Acting is really good, dialog, filming etc. I think it falls a little short on plot. Not that its bad, it's just that it's pretty straight forward. Not a lot of twists to it (so far).

I think Elizabeth Shoe is still hot. She'll forever be the girl in Karate Kid to me.

Quote Reply
Re: The Boys - Prime Video [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She is definitely a good looking older woman. I thought Homelander was really well done, super creepy undertones with a solid amount of all american over the top ness (and the guy is a new zealander, ha). show is obviously set up for a season 2. will watch.

karl urban's accent was honestly annoying by the end. would assume it's like that in the comic books (or at least described as being like that in the comics) otherwise i don't get it.
Quote Reply
Re: The Boys - Prime Video [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just finished the last episode. Love this show.

The dialogue is awesome.

And as much as I love binge watching, I kinda wish this one made me wait a week between episodes. Now I’ve got to find something new to watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
She is definitely a good looking older woman. I thought Homelander was really well done, super creepy undertones with a solid amount of all american over the top ness (and the guy is a new zealander, ha). show is obviously set up for a season 2. will watch.

karl urban's accent was honestly annoying by the end. would assume it's like that in the comic books (or at least described as being like that in the comics) otherwise i don't get it.

The accent is a mix of New Zealand and Cockney. Its pretty bad. Solid show so far. Only on episode 3 but I like it. I wouldn't have thought so but enjoying so far. Elizabeth Shue at 55 looks awesome. I had no idea she went to Haaarvard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only through 2 episodes, but, loving it! Great story line and a fun watch.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stared watching it yesterday. Normally don’t binge watch things but I’m 4 episodes in already. Agree that the acting is really solid despite not having a bunch of A-listers. The wife did decide to stop watching due to the over the top Kill Bill style gore. Deep had me cracking up in episode 4 witch the whole attempt to rescue the dolphin.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: The Boys - Prime Video [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
Stared watching it yesterday. Normally don’t binge watch things but I’m 4 episodes in already. Agree that the acting is really solid despite not having a bunch of A-listers. The wife did decide to stop watching due to the over the top Kill Bill style gore. Deep had me cracking up in episode 4 witch the whole attempt to rescue the dolphin.

I just finished the season. I really enjoyed. Its over the top in some areas but they do it just right to where its funny. The Depp and the Dolphin was hilarious. I couldn't figure out where I saw Homelander before so I looked him up and its the guy from Banshee.
Quote Reply
Re: The Boys - Prime Video [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
Chemist wrote:

I just finished the season. I really enjoyed. Its over the top in some areas but they do it just right to where its funny. The Depp and the Dolphin was hilarious. I couldn't figure out where I saw Homelander before so I looked him up and its the guy from Banshee.

Same here. Isn't that crazy? I never would have guessed that was the same guy.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Karl urban is hysterical. Sort of cross between NZ and Millwall with frequent use of the C word......... Its hysterical

Good show
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watched the Season 1 finale last night. Just awful - not at all on par with the rest of the season. Spoilers below...

Huey's retainer is so adhered that it can't be pulled loose by a grown ass man, but gets easily dislodged by a punch that doesn't even leave a mark? And then, suddenly cut to the boys freed and having dispatched one of the guards? Lazy writing.

Then they locate Kamiko without being detected, spring her and then a whole mess of guards show up? Yeah, I saw the camera in the background as they snuck past, but c'mon. Oh, and then Starlight appears out of nowhere to save the day, despite having no idea of Huey's plan (and apparently having forgotten that Huey's buddy lit her up twice and then Huey ran off with him, leaving her to possibly die) - sure. Fortunately for her and Huey, A-Train has a major grabber (due to being a Compound V junkie) just as he gets the upper hand - whew, that was fortunate timing. Lazy, lazy, lazy.

Oh, and Black Noir's super talent appears to be that he's a good piano player and able to remain completely irrelevant to the entire show.

The scene with Butcher, Elizabeth Shue, Homelander and the baby? Not bad and very high creepiness points for Homelander, right up until Butcher pushes the button. After that....WTF??

I'll likely give Season 2, Ep. 1 a look but if it's anything like the Season 1 finale, I'm out.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: The Boys - Prime Video [TiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished up Season 1.

Agreed the Huey trying to free MM and Frenchy scene was lame.

Spoilers to follow:

But, the introduction of Mr. Edgar and Homelander's handling of Stillwell leaves an interesting plot hole for next season.

Plus, we have to see the progressive meltdown of The Deep and A-Train. I get the sense they'll join up with Annie on the good side before it's all said and done.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: The Boys - Prime Video [TiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just finished Season 1 last night and very much enjoyed it. I was entertained by Butcher.

I'm wondering if Homelander told the truth: did Becca came on to him?

In response to TiDriver's criticism of the finale:

I agree that the writing was a bit sloppy but not nearly as bad as you imply. This type of sloppiness is typical in a final episode of many shows as there is much to try to tie together.

Quote:
Huey's retainer is so adhered that it can't be pulled loose by a grown ass man, but gets easily dislodged by a punch that doesn't even leave a mark? And then, suddenly cut to the boys freed and having dispatched one of the guards? Lazy writing.

Why now? Seven episodes of impossible supe stuff and lots of implausible human stuff and suddenly you have a problem. I could even argue that a impact is useful for freeing all kinds of stuck things. Much was happening in the episode. I didn't need to see Frenchie pick the lock with the wire.

Further, Starlight did not appear out of nowhere. After she was shot, Hughie approached her in the Church and asked for her help and they talk. When he says to her, "you came," I assumed he called her asking for her to come to the jail location. He also had asked her to see if she could locate it as she had "security clearance." (I do call BS on her having that kind of security clearance.)

A-Train's heart condition was revealed earlier, his brother left him over it saying he did not want to see him die, and Starlight worked him hard by making him avoid her blasts, admitting that he killed popclaw and recalling that would be stressful, so the timing is not just coincidence. Also Hughie's effort to revive A-Train was key to development of his character. This was a key climatic scene for A-Train's character and a bit less so for Hughie. The scene was in line with prior writing. Great set up. Will A-Train live? Will he be changed?

I'm guessing Noir will have more of a role in next season -- they have held him out as mystery character.

The ending was great. Everything was thrown into question. Butcher's whole crusade may have been based on a lie told by Mallory. Homelander's decision save Butcher and show him what he had discovered is awesome. Between that and Madelyn, seems to me that Homelander has grown up. Will anyone control him next season? Does he remain associated with Vought? Relationship with Becca? With Butcher?

Characters have evolved (some remain a mystery), a story has come to an end, and lots of possibilities for next season. Awesome writing.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: The Boys - Prime Video [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
This type of sloppiness is typical in a final episode of many shows as there is much to try to tie together.

Its also typical of a super hero show. I gave up on trying to pick apart plot holes some time in my 30s. I'm SO much happier now!

Re: Elizabeth Shue -I thought she was cute in Karate Kid, but I always thought she looked like the kind of girl who'd put on a lot of weight when she got older. I have to admit, she looks great in her 50s!

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply