Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
dunno wrote:
Hutch wrote:
It's just reminds his critics that Lionel sees value in spending time with Talbot and getting more Instagram and YouTube followers but doesn't see any value in figuring out how to get a faster swim, bike or run, and stop making amateur mistakes.
Which is more important to Lionel? Kona or YouTube

I've been trying to come up with the perfect insult to express just how stupid this post is but words just can't do it justice...

Plus 1.

+2

For a start,Sanders could spend 3-4hrs a day working on a social media profile without it affecting any of his training right now.I think some folks might forget that he is a full time athlete who doesn't have to fit anything else into his life outside of training except figuring out what to do with his missus and his down time.
I'm not a "fan" but I respect the fact that he is in the top 15-20 in the world even with his injury and it is actually good to see a pro triathlete acting like a pro triathlete and cashing in where he can.The dude is entertaining in a train wreck,reality show kind of way and the sport needs those characters.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great video. Really enjoyed it. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great video!
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [Sean O'Brien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
Hutch wrote:
It's just reminds his critics that Lionel sees value in spending time with Talbot and getting more Instagram and YouTube followers but doesn't see any value in figuring out how to get a faster swim, bike or run, and stop making amateur mistakes.
Which is more important to Lionel? Kona or YouTube

I've been trying to come up with the perfect insult to express just how stupid this post is but words just can't do it justice...

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha amazing! Thanks everyone again for the positive comments! 100%
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [msaad7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like how his cave actually feels like a cave, rather than something that looks like a purpose built extension to a millionaires mansion with the involvement of an interior designer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love how Lionel (and others) allows us insight in his daily life a pro triathlete. I'm also noticing how your videos are becoming better and better, you're definitely improving yourself as a videographer/editor as well. Keep it up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
haha amazing! Thanks everyone again for the positive comments! 100%

Talbot, keep these coming. You personally have taken the lead up to Kona, and all the buzz that goes with it, and brought up a level with all these videos, Lionel, Tim and Rinny, Daniella, etc. Keep up the great work. What I liked the best about Lionel's pain cave was the wall mural, and his shot at some "videographer who suggested it", just awesome!! What a pain cave!!!

Thank you for your insights. Really frustrating that YOU have to come in here and defend Lionel!

I really hope he can get the job done in Tremblant and punch his ticket to Kona, he might not be 100% this year in Kona but I still think he can have a decent race, maybe even podium!

Go Lionel!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [Hutch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hutch wrote:
talbotcox wrote:
I spend 3 days a month with Lionel and record / get photos for sponsors and his brand while he works out. I edit and do all the posting my self. Lionel does nothing but be himself. Haha out of all the athletes I have ever worked with I can say for a fact Lionel spends the least amount of time on social media. Haha I love people like you such a hater but still watching! ❤️

Besides his family and Erin, I have been Lionel's biggest fan since 2011 and it has been the most frustrating journey of my life.
Yes, Lionel spends minimal time on Social Media but that's not my point. I said he allocates more money, time and energy to his YouTube channel and spending time with you than he does to getting faster/becoming a better triathlete. That isn't because he spends too many resources on his YouTube business (I realize he inspires many), it is because he allocates virtually NO resources (money, time, or energy) to becoming a better/faster triathlete.
My point : How is it that a professional triathlete can justify spending 3 days filming YouTube content every month but he can't justify or get his head around spending 3 days with his swim coach, Gerry Rodriguez? How many times in the last 3 years has he been to SoCal, come within an hour of Gerry's pool and come up with an excuse not to see him? Approximately every single time? I'm not a hater of Lionel, I am a hater of the terrible training decisions that he makes over and over and unfortunately, he doesn't even realize they are poor decisions. He did have a moment of clarify during your filming after Kona 2018 but it didn't last too long.

https://www.youtube.com/...C0voETgUc&t=400s
Some Text...
"I don't want to keep making these big mistakes. I keep shooting myself in the foot. The time has come to finish what I effin' started. I am going to get help where I need to get help. I will listen. I am my own person, I will have my own feedback. I am ready to change. I am ready to become a better athlete. That's what I am going to do... I feel I am repeating myself, I'm an idiot, I am coaching myself and I am incompetent, I swim like shit, I need to swim better, massive overarching mistakes.... You have to come out front pack, you have to come out with Patrick, with Cameron...if you can't do that, don't come. Big changes, I am going to have to move... Patrick upped his game...If you want the dream you have to fully commit to the dream and I haven't fully committed to the dream...I am committed...I can't train lone wolf anymore...I can't make these terrible overarching mistakes...Is this a bunch of excuses? (you asked)...I will be going to get a blood test...I am pretty certain I am going to have someone watching me daily, daily, daily, accountable to someone, who sees when I am doing stupid things and says, you're doing stupid things, I have no knowledge, no experience, I am going to go to the Wind Tunnel, I feel like a broken record, talk is cheap, show me what the hell you are talking about. That will be the theme of 2019....My duty is to talk on camera, be transparent, share the journey...this is the most important time to continue to document this journey. I am going to try and stop making stupid mistakes."

It's been 9 months since Kona 2018 and I'm sure he hasn't changed anything that he said he would change during his moment of clarity. How many times has he worked one on one with Gerry? Who is watching him daily? Has he moved? Is he training lone wolf still? Who is he accountable too? He said talk was cheap so he was going to show us what he was talking about.

Dude, what is your problem?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow!

Thanks for sharing, I was genuinely curious about that.

I noticed in his latest vid he mentioned tilbury but just as a “lesson” he learned from him. I wondered if they got back together. Guess not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hutch wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:
Serious question, did he get a coach? Not Gerry for the swim. A triathlon coach.

You can google Gary Hutchinson and Lionel Sanders and see a few comments/blogs/interviews over the years regarding Gary trying to influence Lionel to use some science in his training instead of random trial and error stuff. Since 2011 Gary has stayed in touch with Lionel and has tried to influence his training using sport science, periodization and common sense.

A week after Kona 2018, Lionel contacted Gary and asked if they could formalize their coaching relationship to get Lionel back on track with his training. Lionel referred to him as Coach G from Florida. Things went well for 3 months including a training camp in Palm Springs getting Lionel back on track using a framework for training that Gary showed Lionel years earlier. Lionel's numbers improved, he got a win at 70.3 Indian Wells and he was starting to see some all time best power numbers on the bike.

In December Gary had convinced Lionel to go to Florida for the winter to receive regular 1 on 1 coaching, which would have been a first for Lionel. Lionel changed his mind in early 2019 deciding to go to Tucson to train on his own, instead of Florida. Lionel then asked Gary to advise on his training while he was in Tucson but Gary declined, ending the coaching arrangement.

Why did you write this in the 1st person?
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [TRobTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at his profile...
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [chrisrpdx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisrpdx wrote:
Look at his profile...

This is why I asked. I think he’d be better suited saying “I am Gary Hutchison. I’ve worked with Lionel and have first hand insight and this is what I’ve seen...”.

I do think the whole argument about his commitment to improvement and Kona vs YouTube/social media has to be a troll job though, as there is no way that can be serious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRobTri wrote:
Hutch wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:
Serious question, did he get a coach? Not Gerry for the swim. A triathlon coach.

You can google Gary Hutchinson and Lionel Sanders and see a few comments/blogs/interviews over the years regarding Gary trying to influence Lionel to use some science in his training instead of random trial and error stuff. Since 2011 Gary has stayed in touch with Lionel and has tried to influence his training using sport science, periodization and common sense.

A week after Kona 2018, Lionel contacted Gary and asked if they could formalize their coaching relationship to get Lionel back on track with his training. Lionel referred to him as Coach G from Florida. Things went well for 3 months including a training camp in Palm Springs getting Lionel back on track using a framework for training that Gary showed Lionel years earlier. Lionel's numbers improved, he got a win at 70.3 Indian Wells and he was starting to see some all time best power numbers on the bike.

In December Gary had convinced Lionel to go to Florida for the winter to receive regular 1 on 1 coaching, which would have been a first for Lionel. Lionel changed his mind in early 2019 deciding to go to Tucson to train on his own, instead of Florida. Lionel then asked Gary to advise on his training while he was in Tucson but Gary declined, ending the coaching arrangement.

What English teacher taught you that the diction in that post is in 1st person? And were they fired?
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
TRobTri wrote:
Hutch wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:

What English teacher taught you that the diction in that post is in 1st person? And were they fired?

Sorry...3rd person. Thanks for catching/calling me out on that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it's an odd couple posts. Troll job or perhaps there is some serious animosity there...
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
TRobTri wrote:
Hutch wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:

Can you please write this post in the 2nd person ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Gone with the wind

Instagram: palmtreestriathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [p9ul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
p9ul wrote:
I like how his cave actually feels like a cave, rather than something that looks like a purpose built extension to a millionaires mansion with the involvement of an interior designer.

maybe if he won Kona already he would have a pain cave extended from his mansion...until then, avg house in Windsor will have to do.
Last edited by: casper3043: Aug 5, 19 10:01
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:

I swear I read a reply to this here, a serious looking reply, but it's gone now?
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [TriStart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriStart wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:

I swear I read a reply to this here, a serious looking reply, but it's gone now?

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6966259#p6966259
Quote Reply

Prev Next