Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Today - Tennesse Celebrates a Terrorist and Killer of US Soldiers [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
BLeP wrote:
I don't see Chappy mentioning the GOP in his OP

Maybe I can't read. Help me out and point to where he did.

Instead here is what that asshole governor did:

We get it BLeP. Poor Poor Chappie the Donkey who has never shown any sign of political partisanship in his posts here just decided to point out the injustice of something that's been signed for the past 50 years by governors of both parties. And he happens to be pointing out that it is the Asshole governor who took office in 2019. But we get he didn't say the Asshole GOP governor. So this was all completely innocent and non partisan.

And now that the situation and he have been exposed (again) for the bullshit artist that he is we are all thankful to you for coming in and pointing out that because the GOP was specifically not mentioned you side with him that this was intended to be a completely non partisan post.

Maybe you can go help Kay with her explanation about her thread of people entering building next. Because in no way was that thread started in an attempt to imply racism.

Wow, you are triggered. Sorry, I thought that honoring Nathan Bedford Forresest was clearly a wrong thing to do, you know with the killing of US soldier and the whole founding the KKK, which he never admitted to and never did anything to atone for it.

You are the one that is making this about politics. I posted and article that specifically had both a Republican and Democrat condemning it.

Do you honestly think that honoring that man should not be condemned?
Quote Reply
Re: Today - Tennesse Celebrates a Terrorist and Killer of US Soldiers [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
BLeP wrote:
I don't see Chappy mentioning the GOP in his OP

Maybe I can't read. Help me out and point to where he did.

Instead here is what that asshole governor did:

We get it BLeP. Poor Poor Chappie the Donkey who has never shown any sign of political partisanship in his posts here just decided to point out the injustice of something that's been signed for the past 50 years by governors of both parties. And he happens to be pointing out that it is the Asshole governor who took office in 2019. But we get he didn't say the Asshole GOP governor. So this was all completely innocent and non partisan.

And now that the situation and he have been exposed (again) for the bullshit artist that he is we are all thankful to you for coming in and pointing out that because the GOP was specifically not mentioned you side with him that this was intended to be a completely non partisan post.

Maybe you can go help Kay with her explanation about her thread of people entering building next. Because in no way was that thread started in an attempt to imply racism.

I still don't see any mention of the GOP.

I am not siding with anyone.

Of course you haven't. That's because poor poor Chappie the Donkey is being unfairly maligned here. I thought we covered that. Chappie just reports that facts.
Quote Reply
Re: Today - Tennesse Celebrates a Terrorist and Killer of US Soldiers [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
Of course you haven't. That's because poor poor Chappie the Donkey is being unfairly maligned here. I thought we covered that. Chappie just reports that facts.

If you're going to be so droolingly obsessed about this, at least come up with a good nickname for your target.

I suggest "Assless".
Quote Reply
Re: Today - Tennesse Celebrates a Terrorist and Killer of US Soldiers [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
ironmayb wrote:

If you're going to be so droolingly obsessed about this, at least come up with a good nickname for your target.

I suggest "Assless".

If you think this is droolingly obsessed you should see me reference an "ancient" 18 month old post of Kay's.
Last edited by: ironmayb: Jul 15, 19 11:52
Quote Reply
Re: Today - Tennesse Celebrates a Terrorist and Killer of US Soldiers [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:
Maybe I just don't get into this "team donkey/team whatever" shit as much as you (and apparently chaparral, I don't keep track) do.

I agree that it's a Southern thing more than it is a Democrat or Republican thing. There's also no doubt that the issue is now being used by some or even many to score political points. But that doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed or that now is not the time to raise the issue. Lee is taking the heat and rightfully so. Should his predecessors also have been called out for it? Of course. That they didn't puts some of the issues into perspective, but that doesn't mean it's not a legitimate issue.

With regard to Confederate statues and monuments, I have a mixed opinion. I understand the history (although I'm less sympathetic to statues, monuments, and state holidays erected or implemented in response to the civil rights movement as opposed to longer standing traditions). I think I heard Ricky Gervais comment on it the other day, and I kind of like his response -- leave the statue up, but change the inscription. It could read, "Nathan Bedford Forrest -- Confederate general, murderous war criminal, and total racist cunt who also exploited prison labor for personal gain, thus gaining the admiration of ironmayb." Let's keep these people in the public's mind, not as heroes, but as the traitorous and racist assholes that they were.

If chappy were honest and not so ignorant, he would have done a little digging into this law. Granted, I'm a member of the TN Bar and practice regularly in that state, but, even a simple Google search would have revealed this is a law in effect for over 50 years that has been followed by politicians for both parties. I think I first heard of this law about 12 years ago when I spent a week in Dacatur County for a ridiculous jury trial. I was shocked by it. All the locals with whom I spoke just shook their head and said, "Dunno. It's been the law as long as I can remember."

An honest, or even moderately educated poster, would pointed out the ridiculous law and the ridiculous fact that TN (and other southern states) seem wholly unable to distance themselves from their racist past. chappy is neither. He probably saw this on FaceBook and, like the good Social Justice Warrior he pretends to be, rushed here to the LR to blast the evil Grand Old Party!

Well, if you are going to use a legitimate issue that truly does deserve to be addressed to score political points for "your team," then you run the risk of encountering someone who knows the facts and will call you out on it. Raise the issue? Sure. Blast TN? Why not! Make fun of the south? Hell yeah! But, I don't be dishonest or ignorant and chappy was both in spades.

You, of all people, know that you undercut the strength of your position when you embellish, when you fail to state all the facts, and when you twist the matter for a particular gain. Now, will this recent national attention to this racist law finally shame TN into change? Hopefully so. But, let's not pretend like this is a Right vs. Left issue.

I assume the TN bar provides reciprocity.
Quote Reply
Re: Today - Tennesse Celebrates a Terrorist and Killer of US Soldiers [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
I assume the TN bar provides reciprocity.

Yep. I took one bar exam. I do not plan on ever taking another. No exam, but, a remarkably long and detailed process that was quite the pain in the ass. I have been practicing regularly in TN for the last 15 or so years. It is an interesting state.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
eb wrote:
ironmayb wrote:

I suggest "Assless".

If you think this is droolingly obsessed you should see me reference an "ancient" 18 month old post of Kay's.

Well, there's drooling, and then there's frothing - the line is kinda' blurred. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Today - Tennesse Celebrates a Terrorist and Killer of US Soldiers [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
I have been practicing regularly in TN for the last 15 or so years. It is an totally fucked up state.

Fixed it for you. A few examples.

Rep. David Byrd's , a state legislator accused of molesting his players when he was a high-school basketball coach. There have been great lengths to which people have gone to keep the guy in office (including said Governor).

House Speaker Glen Casada’s top aide (Cothren) has a history of sending sexually explicit text messages and making inappropriate advances toward former interns, lobbyists and campaign staffers, The texts also show Casada participated in some of the sexually charged messages objectifying women. Cothren has also admitted that he has used cocaine in his legislative office. Thank god they are booting Casada in a week or so.

Cothren’s explicit text messages include:

soliciting oral sex and naked photos from an intern;
suggesting he would make sexual advances toward another intern;
seeking sex with a lobbyist;
referring to another woman as a “cunt”; and
calling Metro police officers who gave him parking tickets “rent a cop cocksuckers.”

Birther Matthew Hill, a seven-term member of the Tennessee House of Representatives and host of the “Bible Buddies” conservative radio talk show. He also co-sponsored a bill created to try and prevent anyone from potentially changing the name of Confederate landmarks in the state, because honoring a failed rebellion fought over slavery and opposing anyone who doesn’t feel we should be glorifying it is always a top legislative priority as well as voting for a bill written to, and this is no joke… authorize people to keep skunks as pets. In Matthew Hill has still found new levels of s***ness to stoop to, as he filed legislation to make it more difficult for peaceful protesters who get run over by their political opponents to be able to sue their terrorist attackers. That’s right, Hill considers that what the Neo-Nazi in Charlottesville did to Heather Heyer should be a protected form of expression.

The FBI has opened an investigation on the controversial vote on Educational Savings Accounts (School Vouchers).

And, finally we have Tea Partier Scott DesJarlais who had a sexual relationship with a patient, in violation of the Tennessee Medical Practice Act. The complaint was investigated and he was formally reprimanded by the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners for having sex with patients and fined. He also paid for an abortion of his mistress and his ex-wife accused him of harassment, intimidation and physical abuse and had two abortions. Real gem.

But hey, at least we aren't Mississippi or Alabama!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Today - Tennesse Celebrates a Terrorist and Killer of US Soldiers [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But, but... Hillary!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Today - Tennesse Celebrates a Terrorist and Killer of US Soldiers [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:

But hey, at least we aren't Mississippi or Alabama!

Ha! True dat! True dat!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply

Prev Next