Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

USAT rule question
Quote | Reply
I'm doing a sprint this Sunday and was planning on wearing a sleeved tri suit. I was thinking at one point sleeved suits were not allowed when the swim was not wetsuit legal. This swim will absolutely be non wetsuit. But I'm not seeing anything in current USAT rules regarding sleeves.

Did I miss something? Or did the rules change?
Quote Reply
Re: USAT rule question [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sleeves are apparently legal, just not addressed in the USAT rules (see for example this thread). But I would email the race director to confirm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sleeved trisuits are legal in USAT races. I always race in a sleeved kit. The only exceptions are the very few races that are draft legal and play by the ITU rules.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe you can wear a sleeved tri suit, it just can't extend beyond the elbows and knees.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WTC had a rule for at least a few years than prohibited sleeves for non-wetsuit swims. They changed the rule to allow sleeves that do not extend below the elbow a few years ago. I don't think USAT ever had that rule, except for the aforementioned instances where they follow ITU rules.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT rule question [charlietris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, usat can go below the knee.

For example, calf sleeves are totally fine, even in non wetsuit swims
Quote Reply
Re: USAT rule question [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stelvio wrote:
WTC had a rule for at least a few years than prohibited sleeves for non-wetsuit swims. They changed the rule to allow sleeves that do not extend below the elbow a few years ago. I don't think USAT ever had that rule, except for the aforementioned instances where they follow ITU rules.

That's what I was thinking about.

Thanks folks.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT rule question [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcohen24 wrote:
Actually, usat can go below the knee.

For example, calf sleeves are totally fine, even in non wetsuit swims

What about calf sleeves in Ironman races by any chance do you know?
Quote Reply
Re: USAT rule question [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not allowed during the swim, if the swim is not wetsuit legal... You may, of course, stop to put them on in t1 if you want.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT rule question [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That one is the same as the ITU rule...
Quote Reply