Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trek speed concept extensions keep coming loose.
Quote | Reply
I know there was thread on this can not find it. Extensions on the mono post keep coming loose. Blue lock tight did not help. Seems I read there is something wrong with the fastening screws on some bikes. Any help would be appreciated
Quote Reply
Re: Trek speed concept extensions keep coming loose. [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somebody can better express this than I will, but you likely will need to disassemble everything from the aero bar up. There are some floating receiver nuts in the height adjusting unit. You likely lost the connection on one of them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rhudson wrote:
I know there was thread on this can not find it. Extensions on the mono post keep coming loose. Blue lock tight did not help. Seems I read there is something wrong with the fastening screws on some bikes. Any help would be appreciated

Are you making sure the the little tiny set screw is in firm contact with the stem? This little piece doesn't seem very important but it is IME.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try Red Loctite instead of blue after addressing the other problems stated above

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply