Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 1x setup for Shimano non-electric 11s [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I'm asking. Wondering if anyone knows. That would be a relatively cheap way to go 12sp.
Quote Reply
Re: 1x setup for Shimano non-electric 11s [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The internals of Microshift bar ends are also captured, so much easier to deal with when installing/ servicing.
Quote Reply
Re: 1x setup for Shimano non-electric 11s [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
That's what I'm asking. Wondering if anyone knows. That would be a relatively cheap way to go 12sp.

Little surprised there's not a bar end shifter for mechanical Campagnolo 12 speed, either from Microshift or from Campy themselves. A Chorus 12 speed cassette, mechanical RD, and chain can be had for around $400. Any aftermarket 12s 1x chainring would work.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: 1x setup for Shimano non-electric 11s [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
Little surprised there's not a bar end shifter for mechanical Campagnolo 12 speed, either from Microshift or from Campy themselves. A Chorus 12 speed cassette, mechanical RD, and chain can be had for around $400. Any aftermarket 12s 1x chainring would work.

Campy would require new free hubs on trainers/wheels unless you already use that.

If the 12 speed microshift can be used with a 11sp Shimano RD, when you wouldn't need to get a new RD or freehubs.
Quote Reply
Re: 1x setup for Shimano non-electric 11s [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Campy would require new free hubs on trainers/wheels unless you already use that.

I have one rear wheel for my tri-bike, and a wheel-on trainer, so that's ~$80. Far from a deal breaker. Still saving bucket-loads compared to a Force AXS eTap 1x12 setup.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: 1x setup for Shimano non-electric 11s [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
BigBoyND wrote:

If you want a fairly low budget solution I think a 12spd Shimano or Sram derailleur, the appropriate Microshift bar-end, and a Campy cassette would be it. The cassettes are $170 or less, and even the 11-34 is tight from 11-17 (11-12-13-14-15-16-17-19-22-25-29-34). The nice thing about it is that the Campy freehubs from 9-12spd are all the same. So older wheels/hubs are compatible, unlike Sram (need a new XD hub driver) and Shimano (need a 12spd MTB hub). You could even pick up an older Shimano-freehub-wheel and convert it to a Campy freehub pretty cheap. All the manufacturers had conversions, many just simple freehub swaps, but some required different axles or caps too.

From what I've been able to find, it looks like Shimano 12 is ~1.1 mm narrower than Sram 12 and Campy 12 splits the difference. Shimano and Sram probably don't play together too well, but Campy should work with either... and I guess Sunrace since they probably split the difference also.

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/...ewtopic.php?t=152690
https://weightweenies.starbike.com/...php?f=3&t=158450
Quote Reply
Re: 1x setup for Shimano non-electric 11s [Fat_Ironman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clutch isn't critical, but nice. I rode 1x that wasn't narrow wide and dropped my chain pretty much every ride. At least once. Then switched to Wolftooth narrow wide and haven't once dropped. Though, I've only done 3 rides on it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next