Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Area 51(S4), Aliens, and Bob Lazar [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
summitt wrote:
If you have any understanding of the energy required and how advanced a life form would have to be compared to our existing level of space travel, you wouldn't waste your time watching these videos. If a life form did exist and did visit our planet, they wouldn't have crashed on earth. The closest star that could possibly support life is 12 light years away. By comparison, it takes about a second for light to travel from the earth to the moon and 8 min from the sun to earth. If my math is correct it would take light or an alien with the ability to travel at light speed about 270,000 years to go from closest possible planet with life to earth.

You obviously haven't watched Star Wars or Star Trek, geeze!

Love Star Trek, Star Wars not so much. As for my math, I think I'm off because time slows down as you approach the speed of light. Not to put a downer on Star Trek, in theory you can't travel the speed of light (warp 1) because the required energy becomes infinite. Warp drive of 4-6 range and you could travel a few light years in a day or two.
Quote Reply
Re: Area 51(S4), Aliens, and Bob Lazar [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
summitt wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
summitt wrote:
If you have any understanding of the energy required and how advanced a life form would have to be compared to our existing level of space travel, you wouldn't waste your time watching these videos. If a life form did exist and did visit our planet, they wouldn't have crashed on earth. The closest star that could possibly support life is 12 light years away. By comparison, it takes about a second for light to travel from the earth to the moon and 8 min from the sun to earth. If my math is correct it would take light or an alien with the ability to travel at light speed about 270,000 years to go from closest possible planet with life to earth.

You obviously haven't watched Star Wars or Star Trek, geeze!

Love Star Trek, Star Wars not so much. As for my math, I think I'm off because time slows down as you approach the speed of light. Not to put a downer on Star Trek, in theory you can't travel the speed of light (warp 1) because the required energy becomes infinite. Warp drive of 4-6 range and you could travel a few light years in a day or two.

Your math isn’t wrong but how they are traveling faster is.

They are traveling normal speed, but warp drive allows them to compress space time in front of them and expand it behind them allowing them to move effectively faster than the speed of light without breaking any physics rules.

It’s why you don’t have time dilation issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
summitt wrote:

I'd like to see that math. ;-)

Given your numbers, it should take an alien traveling at C 12 years in our reference frame, no?

In the aliens frame, that journey should be instantaneous.

Where do you get 270,000 years?

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the Millennium Falcon can do the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs, then peaceful aliens can surely visit earth before the Psychlos take over and turn earth in a battlefield.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Area 51(S4), Aliens, and Bob Lazar [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Mike wrote:
summitt wrote:

Given your numbers, it should take an alien traveling at C 12 years in our reference frame, no?

This math is rather concerning...

D= 12
S=1

T=D/S

The obvious answer is 270,000...

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Area 51(S4), Aliens, and Bob Lazar [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
If the Millennium Falcon can do the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs, then peaceful aliens can surely visit earth before the Psychlos take over and turn earth in a battlefield.

If you knew anything about space travel and measurements you would know that a parsec is a measure of distance and not time.

~Brad
Quote Reply
Re: Area 51(S4), Aliens, and Bob Lazar [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Mike wrote:
summitt wrote:

I’m going with google copy paste issues from what he was reading.. That number is the AUs between us and Proxima Centauri or also the number of light years to the center of of the Milky Way galaxy.
Quote Reply
Re: Area 51(S4), Aliens, and Bob Lazar [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
MOP_Mike wrote:
summitt wrote:

I’m going with google copy paste issues from what he was reading.. That number is the AUs between us and Proxima Centauri or also the number of light years to the center of of the Milky Way galaxy.

Google gave me the 12 light years to the closet star that could support life, so I just figured out how long a light year is and extrapolated it to about 270,000 years. No matter what, the point is for an alien to come to earth they would have to be so far advanced that I'm not sure we have the mental capability to even relate, let alone find a "spaceship" in the desert. Tin foil hats.
Last edited by: summitt: Jun 28, 19 9:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
summitt wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
MOP_Mike wrote:
summitt wrote:

Google gave me the 12 light years to the closet star that could support life, so I just figured out how long a light year is and extrapolated it to about 270,000 years. No matter what, the point is for an alien to come to earth they would have to be so far advanced that I'm not sure we have the mental capability to even relate, let alone find a "spaceship" in the desert. Tin foil hats.

I’m still baffled. 12 light years at light speed is, wait for it, 12 years...
Quote Reply
Re: Area 51(S4), Aliens, and Bob Lazar [lbmxj560] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lbmxj560 wrote:
summitt wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
MOP_Mike wrote:
summitt wrote:

Yeah I feel like there was some conversion issues somewhere in there when extrapolation didn’t get him back to 12z
Quote Reply
Re: Area 51(S4), Aliens, and Bob Lazar [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
lbmxj560 wrote:
summitt wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
MOP_Mike wrote:
summitt wrote:

Yeah I feel like there was some conversion issues somewhere in there when extrapolation didn’t get him back to 12z

And here I thought my balance sheet was $30,000,000 and it's actually $30,000. I need to go figure my extrapolation but I got something wrong. Just read the Milky Way galaxy is 200,000 light years wide.
Last edited by: summitt: Jun 28, 19 13:24
Quote Reply

Prev Next