Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is this ITBS?
Quote | Reply
Looking for any thoughts as this issue has me really freaked out. I raced the inaugural SOS Cape Cod yesterday (awesome race!) which has the bike first then alternating runs & swims. During the 3rd of 4 run segments I started to feel some pain on the outside of my right knee. By the last run (only a mile) it was so bad that I had to walk most of it. I figured it was something to do with my IT band as there was quite a bit of steep up & down trail running which has set of my IT bands before.

This morning it isn't any better. It feels fine with weight on it but as soon as I pick my foot up I get a sharp and very pronounced pain directly on the outside of my knee joint. No swelling or instability of my knee that I can tell. My actual IT band feels OK but the location of the pain seems to be right at the insertion point. Does this sound like an IT band issue or something else?
Quote Reply
Re: Is this ITBS? [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, ITBS.

I'm battling at the moment as well, with an IM in 5 weeks. Trying ART, a ton of foam rolling, and strengthening the glutes.
Quote Reply
Re: Is this ITBS? [TriDW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Are you finding those effective so far?
Quote Reply
Re: Is this ITBS? [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Major hip and glute work solved it for me. Attaching a cable to my ankles and lifting at the gym (all angles like a clock).

You can spend days on here reading threads about it

Good luck
Quote Reply