Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mechanics! Quarq riken compatibility question
Quote | Reply
I picked up a bb30 riken aluminum spider to go on my 3T exploro with bb386 shell. Crank is a Sram Force 1x with bb30/pf30 spindle 3 bolt so that works---(is the crank and bb that came on bike new). I'm wondering if anyone is running this, or similar, and what spacer configuaration you are using? I picked up a bb30 to bb386 spacer kit and have used the guide quarq provides with no success. Talked with quarq support, still no success. As set-up per quarq guide I can get it spinning smooth, but wavy washer is pretty much flattened and it develops play after an hour of riding.
Advice is much appreciated!

Use my name, randydial, in the promo/VIP code for 40% off @ http://www.e-rudy.com
Quote Reply
Re: Mechanics! Quarq riken compatibility question [randial] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quarq explicitly stated that only the carbon Quarq dzero is compatible with a bb386 shell. Now on my wife's Ceepo Viper-R with a bb386 we were able to make a carbon Quarq Riken gxp work by using the bbinfinite bottom bracket and playing with spacers but I got help with that one and don't remember the exact setup. It never would have worked without the bbinfinite BB though.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply