Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Why does it take some races so long to post USAT scores?
Quote | Reply
So, I did a race 5/18/19 and no USAT score is up yet. However, the last race I did on 6/9/19 already has a USAT score. Almost a month before and still no score. I'm not sure why it would be so delayed. Not that the score really matter a ton but it's cool to track progress relative to competition.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/23685202
Quote Reply
Re: Why does it take some races so long to post USAT scores? [TriRugby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many times, it's dependent on how efficiently the RD sends the info to USAT

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Why does it take some races so long to post USAT scores? [TriRugby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRugby wrote:
So, I did a race 5/18/19 and no USAT score is up yet. However, the last race I did on 6/9/19 already has a USAT score. Almost a month before and still no score. I'm not sure why it would be so delayed. Not that the score really matter a ton but it's cool to track progress relative to competition.

Does seem like something is wrong. I did a race in early May and no results posted. Given how few duathlons happen, it would good to see results (if you care) so you can decide to do enough to quality. It used to be 2, now its 3 which is a challenge if you miss one or 2 local ones.

I'm sure others will blame the RD, but as the governing body, isn't it their responsibility to track down the results if not submitted timely? I know the SEC does for public companies that don't file their 10k's.

Probably part of the reason triathlon is shrinking - poor governing body.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no idea whether it's on the RD or USAT, but I've never seen a result more quickly than within a few months. Looking now, there's one from 6/8, but there were a lot more USAT certified races in the weeks preceding than are listed.

If I had to guess, based on dealing with other governing sports bodies, they make the reporting process extremely cumbersome for RDs. I'd be interested to hear from an RD though on whether that's right and what the reporting/lag usually is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Muncie May? I ran the sprint that day and have been wondering about the score as well. I emailed the American Multi Sport race director as well as the 3 Disciplines timing director. They both informed me that USAT has the finisher information and it is in their hands to score and post now. It really is disappointing how slow some of these races get scored.
Last edited by: BuildingSpeed: Jun 21, 19 12:21
Quote Reply
Re: Why does it take some races so long to post USAT scores? [BuildingSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are the Muncie May results posted anywhere? I had some friends do it and I wanted to stalk their results, but can't seem to find them anywhere online.
Quote Reply
Re: Why does it take some races so long to post USAT scores? [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 but as the governing body, isn't it their responsibility to track down the results if not submitted timely?

——

What’s the recourse though? USAT reminds RD to submit results? Cool and if he drags his feet after the gentle reminder? What then?

Pull his insurance? Race is already over, so if the RD wants to pittle around he’s going to pittle around.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Why does it take some races so long to post USAT scores? [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
but as the governing body, isn't it their responsibility to track down the results if not submitted timely?

——

What’s the recourse though? USAT reminds RD to submit results? Cool and if he drags his feet after the gentle reminder? What then?

Pull his insurance? Race is already over, so if the RD wants to pittle around he’s going to pittle around.

One thought - Fine the RD. If the RD doesn't pay, don't let them register the race next year. If they raise the price to cover the fine, people may chose to move on to another race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
VA 70.3 from 5/5/2019 just posted on Wednesday. I have the same question
Quote Reply
Re: Why does it take some races so long to post USAT scores? [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I raced it and received an email after the race with results but nothing is posted on either America Multi-sport or 3 Disciplines website. I can forward you the email with the results if you PM me your email. Honestly, I was a little disappointed in 3 Disciplines and the way they ran that race. Last year when America Multi-sport ran it was super smooth and fast results with a timely posting of times to USAT. I was thinking of doing the September race but doubt I will now that 3D is running that. I guess the best way for us to tell the race directors that we don't approve of the job they are doing is to just not sign up for their races in the future. I don't think USAT needs to fine them. I think the athletes can independently "assess those fines."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would think it has more to do with at least 95% of the people don’t care about it and neither does the race director.
Quote Reply
Re: Why does it take some races so long to post USAT scores? [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure others will blame the RD, but as the governing body, isn't it their responsibility to track down the results if not submitted timely? I know the SEC does for public companies that don't file their 10k's. //

If there were an actual person that was dedicated to just doing rankings and results, then yes. But ever since the inception of the rankings, they have been an after thought for USAT. I dont think they realize that a good portion of their membership actually care about them, and being accurate and up to date. SO they let it fall to the RD to submit, and you all to police the ones that are not being very timely. You can be H2Ofun would be calling the week after an event he did, to see what is the hold up. That is the system. I haven't taken part in any rankings in awhile, but I wish they would give it a higher priority, in implementation, and adjustments to reflect actual performance comparisons within age groups. It is one of the few things they can do for most all the members. But like WTC and video online coverage of big races, it doesnt get the budget it needs to really pop for the customers...

Bet the SEC has a whole dept that handles public companies who do not comply... (-;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think timeliness only really matters if you are needing a result for Nats or something otherwise just keep racing. I like seeing my progress year over year and my race rankings but I think fining RDs taking a step in the wrong direction.
Quote Reply
Re: Why does it take some races so long to post USAT scores? [GoJohnnyGo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually I didn't even think about that. Nats is going to be my A race this year. Fortunately I have already qualified and registered but that was a race I would've qualified at. I would be pissed if I was sitting waiting on results to get the email to register.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I’m in that boat. Qualified for Nats at Elkhart Lake a couple weeks ago (now run by 3 disciplines), and hope to go to Cleveland, but who knows if USAT will send me a qualification email or post rankings before August, the way things go!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Contact USAT.

3 Disciplines, unfortunately, is known for this behavior. I did a race in September two years and results were not posted until after the new year.

In my conversations with USAT, they indicated that this was an issue with this race company and there are repercussions for repeated problems.

Once I got USAT involved, things moved faster.
Quote Reply
Re: Why does it take some races so long to post USAT scores? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You’ve been doing this a lot longer than I have Monty and I defer to you on how much time/effort USAT dedicate to rankings. I’ve only just started dealing with them and can say they have someone with a title of Rankings Coordinator... but I don’t know what that means or if it’s a full-time position. I know we are required to submit results within 15 days according to the form we use... just thought I’d toss that out for people.
Quote Reply
Re: Why does it take some races so long to post USAT scores? [Toefuzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just an FYI in regards to the "fine the RD" comment above, USAT has started doing that if you do not submit post race materials (including results) within 15 days. Having dealt with USAT as an RD for 20 years, they can be hit or miss with these administrative things. They launch a new sanctioning system this week, and thats never been a smooth process for them! Most of the time they delete hundreds of events when they do this, so should be interesting! Fingers crossed they've figured this one out...
Quote Reply