Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

US Open
Quote | Reply
I'm a bit surprised that there's not an Open thread. It appears to be a two-man race between Woodland and Rose. Maybe Koepka or others could jump up, we'll see.

I'm rooting for Gary Woodland.Here is a great vid of him at the Phoenix Open with a Special Olympian golfer. Worth re-watching, and hope it's the first time for those that haven't seen it. Amy is great.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYSjFvCNP7Q[/url]

[/url]
Quote Reply
Re: US Open [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You never know who's gonna show up day to day. Woodland has been playing great, but can he hold on for the last day. We will find out.

My money is on Rose. One shot down and he knows the pressure game pretty well.

I would love to see Koepka shoot a 67, not gonna happen on an open course on Sunday, but it would certainly make things exciting.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: US Open [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even if Koepka doesn’t win, having a three-year run of something like 1-1-3rd is beyond crazy.

But I think he has a good chance if he gets off to a hot start and exerts some pressure. Not a great chance, but a good one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Being on the east coast is sucky for this Open. All the tee times are so late. The last players won’t even tee off until 5ish.

It’s hard to tell how the course is playing by the few players out there because they were having a hard time in the first three rounds.

We sit and wait!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems Koepka kept it interesting, but Woodland showed some real strength and held on.

I couldn't stay awake but I woke up in the middle of the night and checked.

Quote Reply
Re: US Open [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woodland seems like a good dude, I'm happy for him - his parents seemed so proud too.

There was a great sequence in 17/18 between Woodland and Koepka. 72 holes is a lot of golf and there are so many moments that help determine the outcome, but once you have the true 'contenders' the back nine is magnified and especially the couple of closing holes. And so yesterday we had Woodland sitting miles away on the 17th green, needing to chip he was so far from the hole; meanwhile Koepka had just chipped on 18 (an unfortunate flub that left him 12 feet from the hole). Two shots separating them, this entire tournament could have swung with those two shots - if Woodland left himself a long par putt and Koepka drained his birdie opportunity we could've seen Woodward on 18, needing a birdie to win. And within 30 seconds that chance vanished as Koepka missed his putt and Woodland chipped a beautiful shot to within a few feet...he'd have an easy stroll up 18, only needing bogey to close things out.

Nothing beats a final-pairing, head-to-head match in the closing holes. But a close second is something like that, where you can so clearly see a defining moment in the match and a huge reason why Woodland closed the door.

Love Pebble Beach, such an iconic venue the final round didn't disappoint this year.
Quote Reply
Re: US Open [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was good fun.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply